My buds to heavy for the plant ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 4o8stoner, Jan 17, 2020.

1. So i opened my closet door a few hrs ago and saw that there was a branch layin down because of the buds that are heavy and i just tied a lil sewing string to the plant and tape it to the wall for now but it may happen to the others as well is there any way to fix this ? Would appreciate some help !

2. Nope! Happens to the best of us. Had an outdoor plant myself, come end of September I found myself buying a dozen 6ft stakes to keep the colas from falling over.

Good job

• Like Like x 5
  3. Sounds like a good problem to have lol. Bamboo sticks. Stick in the pot and use string or bread ties etc to secure the branches up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pics or it didn’t happen

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. I’ve had every top leaning to the side in the past. They make/sell these plant stakes with horizontal connector rods that work great for branch support

• Like Like x 1
  6. 9620C734-9AEC-4A25-8730-C84E64BFF997.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. IMG_2236.JPG
    IMG_2237.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. was thinking of putting a yellow rope from my hanger to the branch so it has some what support as you see in the pictures rn^

• Like Like x 1
  9. Been years since I've done an indoor grow, but it looks to me more like the cola has fallen over because the plant is sparse, not because the buds are too big. This looks like a lighting issue to me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. yea maybe i don’t really know its my first grow so im still learning my next grow im buying a same light its 200w but i fixed the cola from falling over just now everything should be good

11. I use 3' x 7/16" wooden dowels.
    I bought 25 for $15.
    IMG_1547.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. was thinking of using a scrog net for my next grow thoughts ?

14. Those buds arent that heavy. You just have weak stems. Its too late now but potasium silicate will help strenthen stems. A little less defoliation would of helped the plant develop stronger too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 killset, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Scrog nets are not a support net. Theyre used to train the plant horizontally. Once into flower the buds grow above the net. Weak stems will still allow thw buds to fall over. Trellis nets are support nets. 2 totally different things.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ahh i see all good i never did no lst on these plants or anything i didn’t know how too maybe next grow ill do some training gotta find out how first lol

17. I’m no pro this is only my second attempt but I use a trellis net for support and find it works well

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Lst doesnt strengthen stems. Did you have a fan blowing on it? A fan will help strengthen stems. Potasium silicate, good lighting, less defoliation and an oscilating fan and you'll be all set for healthy strong stems

Lst is literally bending the branch/ whole plant over and tying it down. Theres nothing really to learn. If you can tie your shoe you can do lst

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. LOL LST does strengthen the stems, I’d suggest a fact check. There is also things to learn with LST. Not everyone can get can even uniformed canopy without training

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. #20 killset, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    How?

Lst does nothing to strenghten the plant.

Ive been doing lst for years. I dont Need to fact check. My plants stems are just as strong doing lst as not doing lst. Theres nothing about tying a branch down that will strenghten it. Movement from the fan blowing the plant around strenghtens stems so you're going to have to explain how limiting that movement will do the same. It does not make sense at all.

Getting a uniformed canopy is simply practice. The actual process of lst is simply bending a plant or branch over and tying it down. Its pretty easy.

• Agree Agree x 1