My buds smell like FRESH CUTT LAWN GRASS!!!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by 60dayWonder, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Thats not entirely true cause all the bud Ive trimmed/harvested had the hay smell while still drying but it went away after it was finished and cured.

2. Okay so when you say went away does that mean it smells like weed now or it just don't smell like hay now

3. nah smelled like some dank

4. So mine should start smelling like weed about just guessing how many days if curing?

5. yes it should

No guarantees there. curing lasts as long as you want to. I prefer to cure around 3-6 weeks. I generally smoke off it while its curing :p

6. Okay so about a week it should start smelling like. Weed? Also if it don't start to smell like weed is there tricks to make it smell Like DANK?

7. [quote name='"60dayWonder"']Okay so about a week it should start smelling like. Weed? Also if it don't start to smell like weed is there tricks to make it smell Like DANK?[/quote]

Lol tricks? Find a skunk.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #28 60dayWonder, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012
    All jokes aside there is a skunk floating in my pond dead been There for 3 days...

• Like Like x 1
  9. You said the buds start to feel moist after putting them in the jars... That's a big part of the problem. I'd take them back out of the jar for an hour or two. Just put them on a paper plate or something in a dry place. After they feel dry again and start to crunch when you squeeze them instead of feeling spongy, then you can put them back in the jars. Wait a couple hours and check them again. If they feel moist, repeat the process until they are fully dry and stay dry after you put them in the jars.

Once they are dry in the jars for a few days they will regain their smell. If you did a good job growing them and had a good strain, it should start smelling good within a few days of being fully dry. As mentioned, some weed will never smell good. But the cure will always make it better.

10. READ THIS. It answers ur question. a good cure can take over 8 weeks.

11. get a couple grams of some diesel and when your buds are dry pop them in together and burp for a few days.

it will transfer some of the terpenes to the shit weed. shake the jar a bit daily.

i once rehydrated an oz of brick stress with an eigth of moist superdeisel and a lil moist-packet, the stress fluffed up, took on the stink and smoked pretty well. hard times...

12. You've got the info you need from past posters but I'm going to say it again. Don't dry your stuff with fans it needs to dry slowly and evenly. Make sure to burp the glass jar for an hour a day to prevent mold.

13. The key to knowing when ur buds are dry enough for the jars is making sure u can easily snap the stems

14. yup

I chop, then throw in a tray covered with a paper towel

after about 7-10 days I can snap the stems, that means it's into jars.

open them for 5-10 minutes 2x day for the first 3-4 days, then once a day for 3-4 days, then once every couple from there. after 3-4 weeks it's just about perfect.

15. [quote name='"hello ladies"']
    yup

I chop, then throw in a tray covered with a paper towel

after about 7-10 days I can snap the stems, that means it's into jars.

open them for 5-10 minutes 2x day for the first 3-4 days, then once a day for 3-4 days, then once every couple from there. after 3-4 weeks it's just about perfect.[/quote]

I do that exactly except the paper towel part... i trim all my leaves off while the plant is in the dirt then just cut her down and hang my whole girl upside down lol

16. nowhere to hang here :/ I chop them into manageable lengths and trim the fan leaves, then when the buds have shrunk a little I get better access to the sugar leaves' stems so I cut them about 4-5 days in

either way, they're taking 7-10 days before I can snap the stems, so I feel like this method is working out fine (drying slowly)

17. [quote name='"hello ladies"']nowhere to hang here :/ I chop them into manageable lengths and trim the fan leaves, then when it's shrunk a little I get better access to the sugar leaves' stems so I cut them about 4-5 days in

either way, they're taking 7-10 days before I can snap the stems, so I feel like this method is working out fine (drying slowly)[/quote]

I've only ever did slow dry but my closet was so dry that i could snap my stems in 5 days then i cured for another month before i smoked any and it was some pretty good bud... but i just put a nail in each side of my closet and ran a piece of twine and it hung quite nice lol

18. yeah, I think the towel helps stretch it, would probably dry too quick if I just left them out in the open

19. That's true... never thought of it that way lol

20. had to chop a lavender plant early, she's drying out now

110g wet or so, hoping for maybe 3/4oz dry

Attached Files: