My buddy is reallly irking me as of late....am I in the wrong?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Lodi Dodi, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Allright a little backstory, I was friends with this kid for a while, but never really hung out with him too much. Would consider him a friend, just never really hung around.

So a few months ago, he's looking for a job. I do security at an engineering facility, its a pretty key job, and we needed people, so I told my boss to check out his application.

So he gets hired. So I'm hanging out with him more then I typically did. And this is where problems start.

After hanging out with this guy for 32 hours every week, not including time that I see him outta work, I've really lost mad respect for him, but he's still a friend so I don't know how I feel really. :confused:

OVERALL he is a cool kid, but he has some immaturity/self centered problems and its fucking killing me.

We live relatively close, so we were car pooling for a while, but he always wanted more rides from me, then rides from him. And anytime I would ask him about it he gets real fucking whiny. Like I OWE him these rides. Or the world OWES him something.

So we do the car pooling for a while, then one day, he wrecks his whip while driving on a road to work.....because he wasn't paying attention to the road.....because he was trying to hit signs with bottles by standing up and throwing them outta his sunroof..... he also had a prior DUI so when he wrecked his whip, he sent in his liscense (suspended 2 months)

Now he needs rides to work from me on the reg. When I ask for gas money, its like pulling teeth. He gets real defensive and whiny. I told him I don't owe him anything, and its outta my way to do continually take him to and from work (I pay for a gym that I was using directly after work, now I have to run him around and backtrack.)

So he gives me $5 a day now, but I had to pull teeth with him recently because he was "low" on cash, as was I, and he didn't think it was "fair" for me to ask him for the cash.

But here are other things he doesn't think are fair:

- I bring my computer to game on, and he constantly bugs me to play LoL on it. Like I bring my laptop so I can use it....not so you can NOT be bored, theres a guard computer with the internet he can use.

- Always asks me for cigs. If he's outta cigs, he badgers me at work until I go get him some. He does give me cash for them, but I DON'T HAVE TO GO GET THEM! Stop fucking bothering me about it.

-He was dating this girl, and he cheated on her constantly. He actually cheats heavy on all his girlfriends he's had. And he's constantly worried about her cheating on him. But he doesn't see anything wrong with his behavior, and refuses to acknowledge the double standard he's setting.

-He actually punched his girl in the head. Then when he pissed me off about being ungrateful one time, I called him out and asked "So how did "X" get that bruise on her face"..........his intial response was "I don't have to answer any of your questions, I have nothing to prove." Which gave me my answer, he eventually admitted it, but also gave some wack excuse why he did it.

He's full of excuses, and has a warped sense of reality. Everyone needs to help him out, but he needs not help anyone in return. As I said earlier, he acts like the "world owes him something"

He's always right. Everyone else is wrong.

Not mention, on a personal level, he has some pretty terrible opinions about things. (Best rapper: Wayne. Best Dubstep: Shitty Skrillex type shit.)

Sorry I just felt like I needed to vent, but I would consider him a friend, but honestly he pisses me off more now then before. And now I'm in a shitty situation cause I work with him, so I'm forced to interact.

Thanks for reading, sorry a long read.

2. Sometimes you have to break up with your friends too....call him, tell him you two need to have a chat tell him he's being a royal pain in the dick, and gtfo :bongin:

3. Thanks bud. I mean I'd like to continue being cool with him, but I really can't if he proceeds to act the way he does.

Another example of his selfishness: We work Sunday. I drive to his house. Honk. Call. No Answer. Ring his doorbell, his mom comes out and was like "Oh he got a ride with So&So he was downtown all night"

See him at work, and he is like "My phone died dude I couldn't tell you." But he knew he was going down there DAYS in advance, and still proceeded not to tell me. So I waste my time/gas for nothing.

4. Dude up until the 3rd paragraph from the bottom I was thinking you might be overreacting... Then I read the part about Wayne...

This is unforgivable, and if you respect yourself, you'll do your best now to rid yourself of this tumor you call a "friend".

Respect yourself Brother! This guy is already fucking up your Universal Balance. You're distraught about this situation and it's not your fault, it's this fuckers fault...

I say abort this fetus.

That's about all I have to say about that.

Hope you figure it out, bro.

5. I appreciate the honesty, I also thought I might be overreacting, but thats why I asked.

But thanks!

6. Lol wayne's not technically a bad rapper , I must say he's turned very "pop-ish" but hey can't really knock him for making money, no where near my favorite tho (my favorites include Method Man, Slick Rick , Big L, etc) you shouldn't break up with him for that, but it does seem like he has MAJOR immaturity problem and you should call him on it, if he continues acting childish, say fuck it and break the bromance

7. I mean I would just talk shit to this guy, tell him all the problems you have with him that you just laid out.

Or, just give him the cold shoulder until he gets the point.

Stop giving him rides, make up an excuse.. or just say you're going to be busy at the gym.

Stop giving him ciggs.. tell him you don't have any to spare.

Eventually he should get the hint.

8. Fuck this guy. He is a vampire feeding off of your positivity. Make friends with people who share, laugh, and dont listen to lil wayne.

9. Cmon man, youre getting 5bucks a day to drive a coworker who lives by you, regardless of whether theyre a little bitch or not, id keep collectin the duckets and just shut my face hole

10. I have told him some of this, but he for real doesn't get it. I'm just "being a bitch."

I suck it up for the $5 bucks.

And yeah I don't hate on the guy for liking Wayne, I was just using it as an example. "Wayne is the best because "he's so hard""

Like Wut? Can't even debate with him cause he just doesn't see anything from anyone else's perspective.

Overall good advice blades, I can't just cut my ties with him, because he associates with other friends of mine, but I've basically told him, "If you want a ride, I need the $5, I'm not doing you favors for the sake of doing you favors"

Honestly, it wouldn't bother me as much, but when his car first broke and I asked for some gas money, he got so indignant about it and then I've thought about it more and I've realized he's a real selfish/immature dude.

11. I would boot this fucker out of my life with the quickness, before he does something stupid that will have a negative effect on you.

12. if you were going by his house on your way home and were asking him for money that would be lame! but its still a good gesture to offer $5 bucks here and there. your letting it bother you tell him to piss off when he wants to use your comp. tell him to walk to the store to get his own cigarettes, man up blade!

13. Yeah I guess so.

I'm not really driving past his place though to get to work. I CAN go past his place, but it adds extra mileage to my trip, and my gym is not in that direction. I paid for that before I said I'd give him rides.

I just did it on Google Maps, its an extra 14 miles total to take him everyday. So yeah, he can afford the $5.

14. Like.....I have to give him a ride home tonight....... and he just comes up and is like "YO DUDE YOU GOTTA STOP AT WALMART FOR ME ON THE WAY HOME FOR GUILD WARS 2"

Its not outta my way. And I don't mind stopping. But he's SO fucking needy, it just rubs me the wrong way. This literally just happened within 3 minutes.

15. Yea he's a lil bitch ....... Ask your supervisor to transfer him .....

16. Lodi Dodi, every time I see your avatar I crack up so hard!

17. slap him for hittin his girl

18. Just give him a piece of your mind. I hate people who think they can just rollover people like that and not expect some shit in return. Don't ignore him, and make up excuses. Blow up in his face.

19. He's a narcissists. Just confront him on his behavior be stern about it, call him out on everything you've noticed about him. Then let him know he has to change. Don't fuel his cry for "help" throw him to the curb if need be let him know he's just the same as anybody else....

20. Or.........post a pic and memes shall rain all over this thread.