my bud is giving me headaches, is it because i didnt flush it at the end? plz help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by andy83, Sep 21, 2009.

1. hi,
    im pretty new to growing and this will be my second time using hydroponics. im using a flood and drain set up with general hydroponics nutes, a 1000w hps, and a air tiger for the odor. Everything went ok, but after about a week of smoking I notice it tasted pretty bad and gave me headaches. Im a pretty big noob and did not flush at the end of growing, im pretty sure that would cause the bad taste, but would that cause the headaches?

Here are a few other things I thought it could be:
    -I used about 25% more nutes than the bottle said.
    -after harvesting, the buds probably could've of dried a little more before being put in jars
    -when it came down to curing I might of only exposed the buds to open air maybe once every week or two
    -left a lot of the little sugar leaves on for about a month
    -all the seeds i grew were from bags
    -and ofcourse, I did not flush at the end

My biggest concern right now is why the headaches? And what to do so it wont happen to my next crop. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. hey dude im still fairly new grower myself, ive read alot about flushing alot of people dont even bother to flush & out of many grows have no bad taste/headache but im not saying it cant i guess, but what u said that court my attention is u say they could have been 'dryer' when u put them in jars which would mean they still have moisture in, then u say u only opened them once in a week or 2, my guess would be it has something to do with that, some kind of mold or something along those lines, that could be y you noticed it after a week as it developed from moisture

hope thats some help dude also what do they smell like? bud or not?

ps i would recommend looking into doing a water cure on some buds as that washes all the crap out nutes etc & 9 times out of 10 it should stop giving u headaches

water curing thread, might want to have a read may ease some of your worries if u can do a water cure
    http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing/447903-what-how-water-cure-inside.html

3. Mills has it exactly right. Does it smell musty or moldy? If so- toss it! If not, water cure it for bland, but VERY SMOOTH smoke.

Granny :wave:

4. Thanks for all the info, im trying the water curing right now on some buds. After you said mold I started looking and noticed very few tiny white spots on some of the bigger, denser buds. Will all the mold be visible or is it safe to assume all the buds are infected?
    Some of the bud does smell sort of musty too. And a few of the sugar leaves looked a little diseased with little brown bumps, not many, but they were there.

So this would probably account for the headaches then?

Thanks again.

5. Yeah, mold could certainly do it.

Some kinds of mold can make you VERY sick if you are exposed to enough of it. You really should throw out any bud that has shows any visible mold or smells like mold.

Some people will suggest doing various things to it and using it anyway, but the wrong kind of mold can really fuck you up, if you are getting headaches, that's not a good sign.

6. you can make hash with it if it is indeed mold, maybe iso hash or bubble bag hash if u got one of those, iso is easyiest