My bubbler is still dirty despite cleaning it multiple times with iso+salt

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Stan9314, Mar 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Im on a t-break so this isn't really urgent, but I've cleaned my double chambered bubbler like 5 times with alcohol and salt, I've even let it set overnight and the first chamber still has a brownish tint, not sure what to do at this point. Its almost like if its stained or something. I wanna try simple green but I'm scared that the brown stuff will keep/absorb the taste of it. Any tips or something that would help? Or is this normal? I know a picture would help, let me see if I can upload one. Other than that, the pipe looks brand new.

2. What % iso are you using?

3. Maybe high alcohol percentage would help, also maybe soak for a night or two while clogging the holes with paper etc.

I have issues with iso and salt too, i tend to favor the bottle stuff meant for cleaning bongs, soak over night and rinse next morning. No shaking required at all.

I have a few bongs so it doesn't hurt to have a few in the bathroom soaking.

4. 99% iso x salt in plastic bag shake for a while. I use simple green on my bong with salt and let it sit overnight then rinse real good with steaming hot water. Carful not to crack glass, if none of above work get some pipe cleaner solution from ur local citgo or headshop.

Sent from my LGLS620 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Not really sure what to tell you on that bro, only thing I can suggest is if it's not too complicated of a shape to use pipe cleaners or q tips to scrub the residue off. One thing I do recommend to everyone I can is Efferdent denture cleaning tabs. If you soak your piece in it you can even remove the smoke taste and make it like new

6. [​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I've been using 91% alcohol, I'll see if I can find a higher percentage bottle. Also, I'll try to buy some cleaning solution specially made for glass pipes, this city sucks and so do the few head shops we have. Thanks for the replies haha am I just doing something wrong? This is the first time this has happened

8. It just doesnt seem to come off? Maybe if I get some kind of brush?

9. Naw not for that double chamber bubbler, i would let it soak for a few days if its that serious. Best way to get a clean piece is maintain a clean piece rather than wash once every three weeks.

I remember seeing a video on YouTube where this guy cleans his spoon pipes by dropping in a pot of boiling water for 15 min or so, not sure how it will treat your glass tho as i have never tried this( im scared for my glass).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Get a jug of concentrated degreaser for power washers, its purple and cost $10 for 4l at Walmart. You can dilute it or use full strength and keep reusing it, works best if its sits in there over night. Rinse thoroughly with warm water after.

11. Yeah, I'm scared to boil it becuase some day it'll weaken the glass haha I may be over-thinking it, it's not super dirty (it looks dirtier in the picture). I'll give all these suggestions a try!

12. Like purple power?

13. There are cheaper brands, but yes.

14. Well, turns out that I had some purple power in the garage, I'll dip the pipe for a couple of days and let you all know how it goes

15. Hot water. Get that glass piping hot, then dump the hot ass water out and add the alcohol. Let it soak until the alcohol and glass is Luke warm. Repeat as needed.

That happens to my bong from smoking hash and ripping the roaches of super doobies. Ganja, hash oil and keif. It can be a pain in the ass to get that crap off of there. So I blast hot water through it using the showerYour bubbler is small enough to sit in a pan of water heating over a burner..

Another way is to use magnets. Get two magnets. A and B. Magnet A gets broken into little prices. Magnet B is the handle. Dump magnet A with some alcohol into your bubbler. Then use magnet B as a handle and scrub it off. I do that with my glass all the time. Works great with enclosed chambers and hard to reach areas. :metal:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Whoa, I've never thought of using magnets, sounds like a cool idea haha Where did you get the them though?

17. Dollar store. Frys electronics. Harbor freight tools. Places like that have them. I went to the dollar store and purchased a small bag of kitchen refrigerator magnets and removed the magnets.

I also purchased them when I'm out on the town and come across some. I have a handful of rare earth magnets from a bunch of old failed hard drives. Those work the best I have found. Just got to break them up into BB sized pieces. Those go in the glass piece. Then find another powerful magnet for a handle. Even 5 or 6 hard drive magnets make a really strong magnet and a great handle to rub over the out side of the glass.

You can also get a cotton ball, take some of the cotton fibers and entangle them with the magnets pieces. This is a little better of getting the filmy gunk that won't come off so easy. The magnet pieces by then selves are best for thick chunky pieces. Or so I have found anyway.

Getting the glass piping hot from the hot ass water and then using magnets while the hot water in still in there can greatly improve how it cleans the glass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Well, I left the bubbler in the purple power overnight and it's seemed to have taken off most of that gunk. I'm gonna leave it another night and if it fails, I'll give the magnets a try, though I probably might buy them anyways. And if THAT fails, I'll just buy something at the smoke shop (if they have any) or I'll just order from here