My brother's indoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by zidave05, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Ok so my little brother set up a growroom in his closet and has a pretty good setup. He has a cardboard box with aluminum foil surrounding the plants and a flouresent(sp?) bulb like an inch above the tip of the plant. I snapped some pix a minute ago and wanted some tips or any kind of advice.

The top of the shorter plant
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Top of the taller plant
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

full shot of both
    [​IMG]

2. Plants look surprisingly healthy for having 4 per little jar/pot. Are they all flowering or just 1 or 2? Might wanna transplant but probably risky at this point. Plant on the way right looks like its getting some yellow leaves, possibly underfed? dont take my word for it though,

3. How do you mean underfed? and he thinks it's flowering but I don't know why it would be. He's got the hours set to 12/12, also is now the time to tell their gender?

4. Looks like you have one confirmed female, I see some white hairs--on the "Top of the Taller Plant" pic.

5. If they're in flowering the other pic might be a male. Cant really tell from the pic.

Underfed meaning given not enough nutrients/fertilizer. Most people use somethin like 10-30-20 or so for flower.

6. I see three big problems. Your plants shouldn't be in clear pots. You shouldn't have more than one plant per pot. Your plants are stretching for light badly.

7. Well, on top of that--take down that foil and get some mylar or panda film. A little under 2 bucks for 1'x10'.
    I also agree with The Pot, the first three pictures are males.
    Now that you have this grow out of the way.
    Get more lighting, better pots, etc. etc.
    Good luck!

8. 12/12 is for flowering..., lite-up 18 to 24. The lip of the glass jars won't allow easy transplant, and your plants are getting root bound. With no drainage, the plants will die. Take a hammer, & break the glass, then transplant. Don't rush killing the males until your sure they are males. Listen to the other advise.

9. wow... thats quite the node spacing....
    give them some more light for sure, and follow the other suggestions
    this isnt grade 1 earth science... it requires a LITTLE bit more finesse, but not much

10. one pack of 10 dollar 26 watt CFL lightbulbs (comes with 3) from wal mart will benefit that grow like no other