My brother printed out satanic pledges

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Hypnotic, Jan 26, 2014.

You really want us to believe your imaginary friends are real? In that case, can you come over and get rid of the lawn gnomes in my yard? They are driving me insane.

2. #62 Boats And Hoes, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    ... there's a whole lot more to life ànd existence than what your eye can see and your hand can touch. And, I don't want you to believe anything, you live life by your own judgement; do what that thou wilt.

3. #63 1Trismegistus1, Feb 12, 2014

Found the arrogant all knowing atheist dick lol

All knowing how? You really believe in lawn gnomes?

5. Creed - that you?

Yes, but you just make stuff up on the fly or just quote other people who made stuff up on the fly.
    Just because there might be more to life doesn't mean that everybody's wacky ideas are true.

7. Make up stuff on the fly? What are you talking about? But, again believe and convince yourself what you will.. you live life by your own judgement.

8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHuqcVAaIN8

Because you presume the belief in a God is so ludicrous as to belittle someone for having the belief, so you must be absolutely certain that you are correct in your assumption that no such God exists.  Why else would you be an enormous dick about it for no reason whatsoever if not due to your arrogance and need to put someone down on the internet where no harm can come to you for being rude.  It really shows just how insecure you are.

I say that in person too. Is some "nice godly man" gonna beat me up over it? That would say more about their insucurities than about me. I never felt the urge to physically harm someone over their belief.

I can think lawn gnomes don't exist in the same way I can think God doesn't exist. if people want to believe in lawn gnones or God, then they can. But to think I won't give my thoughts on the subject is ludicrous. Peple have the right to believe whatever they want, and others have the right to think it's silly.

11. #71 1Trismegistus1, Feb 12, 2014
    You're right, and there's this little human thing called "not being a dick" because you are enforcing the atheist stereotype that most of them are pricks.  You say that we don't need God to be good people, yet you are just showing that you don't believe in God and likewise are uncultured and rude.  It's quite clear that you are underage and full of teenage angst and rebellion against God and society though, so I won't argue with you any further.

Good album. This album had the raw classic sound.

I like the Sound of Perseverance album the best. Such a shame Chuck died too soon.

Rebellion against God? Is that like rebellion against lawn gnomes? How can someone rebel against something that they don't believe exists?

You're not making any sense. Get your critical thinking skills sharpened up.

Lol I don't know if I should feel sorry for you or laugh at you. God is a metaphysical concept. Let me repeat it for you so you can think about it some more. God is a metaphysical concept. My advice is that you read that 3 or 4 more times and think about why I said that. Then look at what you're comparing the idea of God to once again. I'm not going to make it too easy, otherwise you won't learn anything.

OK, a lawn gnome is a metaphysical concept too. Special spiritual immaterial lawn gnomes. You believe in them now?

Lol R for remedial. Though you get a D+ for effort. Keep trying bro! :yay:

So you won't believe in immaterial lawn gnomes but you believe in an immaterial God?

Both have the same evidence and can't be proven wrong. Sounds like you just pick and choose which immaterial things to believe in.

Same evidence? I could attempt to go over this with you, but it's a wasted effort surely. Go hang out with your garden gnomes, you've got lots in common.

It's only because your evidence is along the same lines of finding a dead flower in the garden and saying, "this is proof the garden gnomes were here." When you assume your conclusion from the start, you can shoehorn anything in as evidence.

Nope. More like finding a dead flower and saying it was once a living flower and before it was a living flower it was the possibility of a living flower and as a result the possibility of a dead flower. More like saying it came from a seed, it was nourished by sun and water. Then I would perhaps make reference to the infinite regression, of seed to flower to seed to flower. Or perhaps seed to flower to earth to fuel for the growth of other seeds and flowers.

I could say more, but I doubt you would understand.