My Boyfriend never cleans his bong

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by kaymoo12, Feb 28, 2021.

1. LOL it still stinks, man...you just don't notice it as much...this is no matter how carefully or "well" you smoke it.
    All I can say is, as a non smoker (aside from an occasional shared joint) all vapor/edibles guy, I can't even be in the same room as a bong that's been used only a few times without it being like the only thing I'm smelling.
    I can smell a bong that's been smoked yesterday.

This is my line of thinking with how to explain it
    While it's not exactly the same...you can see and smell cigarette smoke after it absorbs into wall paint, carpets, furniture.
    I'm pretty certain if you blew it through water, at one of the highest remaining heats post immolation, that if you strained that water, and drank that water an hour later in a completely clean room...it would taste like something similar to an ash tray. Apply same logic to a joint, which I think it's a more noticeable lasting smell, at least on a persons breath/clothes.
    Ok, going further...the smoke of both cigs and weed, if passed through a tissue (the tar test or whatever) come out immediately to visually show particulate matter, black, brown etc - and these are the particles that you wouldn't see, it's smoke, then it dissipates and sticks to things where only eventually (think wall paint) physical/visual signs will be perceivable. But the smell, that's always there.
    Bong water is never clear when not fresh...even after a couple, or even one bowl.
    So the water itself absorbs a number of particles through contact with the smoke (AND with the solids, of course), and at this point, it starts to smell, and only gets worse from there.
    Then you've got the solids/stickier bigger particles that stick to glass and stems like glue...if he's only emptying it out, the moment water goes back in that shit is seeping into it physically, as well as the smoke passing through it.

Tbh, this aside it's also kind of annoying the thought of having to smoke a bowl all the way down until it's nothing sounds like a more time consuming and "careful" process than a stoned me would like to do more than once, you just smoke it how you're gonna.
    Though this comes from a place of, I'm a guy that soaked/washed his glasswear daily.

Here's something we agree on.
    If she wants to use it, and not one of her own...it's her choice to wash it...I mean it's not like he'd likely stop her.
    While I totally get her frustration, I suppose if he's going to otherwise leave it as it is it's up to her to like "be a part of the change she wants to see" and all that. Might encourage him to start, who knows.
    Though yeah if it smells and tastes shitty, this is more than likely because he's just living on lazy street...and personally I always hate it when anyone fits the "lazy stoner" stereotype...we all get painted with the same perception brush from a big part of the outside world as is...

2. i would think as someone who moved to vaping, u would know once a bowl is about 50% smoked, there is almost no thc left in it. this is where that "stink" problem comes in. Sitting there with your lighter on your bowl till theres nothing left like you smoking a fucking crack rock. i have never understood this behavior. you are just burning tar at that point. stop.

3. Lmfao. I just love how you are trying to compare the two.

4. Uh...I think you should re-read what I said...the part you quoted.

5. Lazy lazy lazy

6. Can I be your boyfriend?

7. Get your own bong ..... and don't let him use it .
    20.00 $ solves that problem .

8. huh?

9. I change water every day and clean with isopropyl alcohol and salt once a week i hate a dirty bong or rig

10. For a moment i thought i read his dong...

But i suppose i'm not the 1st anyway.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. either way i was talking more about pipes than bongs.... A pipe can have a shitload of resin buildup and not really smell or taste bad as long as u are cashing it when its about 50% burnt. yes bongs reek after one use. something about the water i imagine.

12. Come back OP we gotta have closure

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TBH get your own bong and let him slowly Kill himself, you can’t make people change their habits.

Kidding but actually, get your own bong lol.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just drop a little bit of shit in his bong.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Lmfao blades are killin me in this thread

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I would rather smoke out of a nice quality dirty bong than a brand new 20 dollar bong.. ;) my bong gets dirty as fuck and right when I am about to clean it is usually when I drop it so I just buy a new one. Ahahaha

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1