My bowl got clogged?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by ThePolishPuertoRican, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Okay so, first off, I just cleaned this piece the day before, so it was still relatively clean. Well I went out to pack a bowl, smoked it But half way, I couldn't get the bud to consistently burn. I tried mixing up the bowl with a mechanical pencil (retracted). I tried to hit it But I couldn't get any air through so I just ashed the rest. I didn't think the bud was dense enough or sticky enough to cause it to get super decarboxylated and shit. Any help would be welcomed. At least I'm high

2. First get something small, toothpick needle something thin and poke it in the carb (if there is one) bowl, and mothpiece, blow out as hard as you can if that doesn't work really clean it, water and resin make a really hard and gunky substance

3. Yeah, try to always have a designated poker or method when in dire need.

Exactly. water and resin makes it worse unless its boiling

4. #4 Deleted member 281310, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    that same pencil you used probably has a white plastic tube inside. so just take it out and poke around in the bowl to loosen any clumps and find a toothpick or needle and poke holes in your screen if you have one and just clean it again. idk man seems like a task you can handle. use some alcohol and salt when you clean it next time and shake it ferociously and then rinse with hot water 

5. The best poker I have used would have to be a paper clip. You can also buy a little set of poking tools at your local head shop if you have access to one.

Do you use a grinder to break up your bud? If not, I highly recommend this. Using a grinder guarantees that you will have a nice, evenly packed bowl every time.

You could be packing your bud too tight in the bowl, causing it to be hard to hit and difficult to burn.

When you clean your pipe next time fill a disposable cup of rubbing alcohol and let your pipe sit in there for about an hour or so then run hot water through it. This will completley clean out all that nasty shit in there.

I hope these tips help. Let us know how it goes next time....

6. I use a Phoenician grinder, and I don't think I packed it too tightly otherwise this occurrence would've happened before, no?
    I appreciate the replies, but I'm not looking for how to unclog it, rather than why it happened in the first place. Thanks guys

Do you have any pictures?