My boss is...

Discussion in 'General' started by XColonelsPrideX, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Well- I finnally did it. I quit my job. I am sure some of you have read my epic story of moving from job to job the past few months.

I started out at a law firm working as a paralegal- went to another firm- then cut down my hours and went to work as a receptionist where I was sexually harassed by a creepy 70 year old man- then I took a job working at a local spa for the summer.

I was planning on continuing this job throughout the semester, etc. HOWEVER~ the owner is a psychopath.

She would be nice for a total of five minutes then FREAK OUT yelling at everyone in the spa.
    She would blame all of us for the mistakes she would make. She was never wrong. If you had a question and she decided that you should already know it she'd talk to you as if you were dumb. S-H-E W-O-U-L-D T-A-L-K T-O U-S L-I-K-E W-E D-I-D N-O-T U-N-D-E-R-S-T-A-N-D E-N-G-L-I-S-H..

I can put up with a lot but I have a problem when people talk "down" to me.

Basically... I started looking for a job recently. I was hired at a law firm about 20 minutes away as a part time legal secretary. I work from 3-7 every day. I start Monday.

HOPEFULLY this will work.... I am so frustrated with moving jobs.
    I just want to have a steady income with a even more reliable job.

Keep your fingers crossed for me- Its a terrible feeling to continue to have to look for another job. I want to work at a lawfirm because I want to learn about the procedures, the pleadings, etc.~ I dont want to have to deal with trying not to cry because the lawyer is a big jack-ass. Sadly I've had bad experiences with firms, but I am really dedicated in my passion for Law and the legal system that I want to continue to pursue my goals.

Its tough sometimes.

Despite all my moves- it was because the office did not work out. I was never fired.
    I realize its life, dealing with people you dont care too much for- and I am able to do that~ its just these CRAZY people who are so rude they can make you cry.. I dont stand for that.

Sadly- it seems all the lawyers in the business fall under the "SUCKS AS BOSSES" category. HOPEFULLY when i'm done with lawschool Ill be the BEST attorney to work for.

ANYWAYS~ Do any of you have any fun stories about Bosses? Anyone dealing with the ANTI-CHRIST!?! Or even maybe you have an AWSOME boss?

The Manager at the spa BEFORE I CAME use to give the girls who worked there a gram after work... or would bring in her bong and take people out back to take a hit during the day.

I dont know about you- but I dont think i'd ever do that... smoke with my manager.

Any thoughts?

:smoking:

2. haha damn i'd smoke with my manager. And i hate fucking jobs... i have such horrible work ethic and can only get jobs at local resturaunts stores and such at minimum wage... so i have no job pride or anything like that and end up getting lazy and just quitting. if only i could find something with at least a little variety....

3. Sometimes you just have to suck it up,not everyone loves their job but its cool that your pursuing what you really want to do.

4. If you feel like moving to New Jersey, I could get you a job at a law firm. But I dont think you would want to move that far. Best of luck to you.

5. Thanks- but no. Jersey is..special. heh.

Todays my first job at the law firm- so if i doesnt work out who knows- Jersey might be in order.

I wish I could just pick up and move wherever- i wouldnt be on the East coast, thats for sure.

So. Cal..here I come! In......a few years once i'm done with law school!

6. Good management are few and far in between. I hope you have your own law firm someday. The last time I worked for someone else I was getting really frustrated with her demands. I was just helping her out, opening her restaurant/bar. I ended up being her full time cook/chef/baker. I was nine months prego when I told her for the last time she needed to hire a real cook. I wish you the best !

7. you've got a good head on your shoulders! Keep up the hard work and it will pay off!

8. Thank you so much for the compliment. Sometimes it feels no matter how hard I work at my job- it won't. I know thats nonsense, and I also know I am not working to hear "You did a GREAT job". I dont need that pat on the back- what gets me down is when the boss treats me like his slave.

Just like what glass girl said- I use to work as a "assistant" to an attorney. I worked full time (it was the summer) and ended up doing EVERY PART OF HIS JOB! He would be in his office on ebay.. he bought bonsai plants every day- and would bid on car auctions. I would have to screen his calls (like all attorneys- I dont know why but they HATE clients it seems)...but what was worse is he wouldnt talk to ANYONE... I would hear clients complaining and yelling at me because he hasnt contacted them. I WOULD have to go to peoples houses and serve them with papers.. go to the court and file with the judge.. go to the depositions MYSELF and represent the client.

Mind you- I am in college. I do not have legal training. I know how to be a legal assistant, but I am not prepared to be the lawyer. That was what he wanted.

I took a break from law for awhile- so lets hope this firm is a better expeirence than my last 2. I dont even want to go into the first firm I worked for. Good god.

Thanks for all your support guys. It is awsome to have such a great group of people to be there when you feel utterly lost and confused. Juggling work and school is hard enough- then have to deal with "is this the right move to go back to the legal position".....arg.

Im gonna go spark a bowl for all of you... thanks for all your kind words.

I'll write an update when I get off of work today.
    WISH ME LUCK! :D

9. hehehe. dont hate on the garden state. ;)

your negative energy is starting to scare me.... i think you need to go off and re-align your chi with some shots of wheat grass and nettle tea. :D

She does have a good head on her shoulders. Thats why i picked her. Who else is gonna support a lazy couch potato.... i mean stay at home dad. :wave:

10. Shit man- where do you get your weed?
    From you Dante!

Oh shush. Your not lazy- dont push me.. ill make a list of all the awsome achievements youve accomplished in the past few years... and I know you don't want that. (he hates me bragging)

Thank you for the compliment though sweetie... its always nice

....bad start to what was suppose to be a good morning. now im dreading going to work. first day of work in a shitty mood- lets see how this all works out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. If this is what you want to be your occupation, then by all means, continue on the path and be happy. If its not, then get the fuck out of there! Liberate yourself! Be happy!

12. Its always a costant battle between what she wants to do vs. what she feels compelled to do. Be happy or be financially secure? But time is on her side. Instead of going back and forth between extremes, the best route is inevitably that of the compromise. Work hard now and keep your eyes open for that great opportuinity. It will come sooner or later.

Keep in mind that we all have to make sacrifices to get where we want to be. Find anyone with the "ideal" life and I guarrantee they'll be able to give you numerous reasons why it isnt so.

Be patient, work hard, be open minded, work hard, watch your back, work hard, and good things will come.