My Bong Setup

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Juice0723, Jul 8, 2012.

1. I just started off with a Gear Bong then went from there :). Lmk what u guys think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here is a vid :D
    [​IMG]

link to more pics & another vid: Smokin pictures by Juice0723 - Photobucket

my first post on the forum btw. thanks guys.

2. You should have named this thread "The definition of drag"

3. yeh I don't like more than ash catcher it just takes away the "Class" of a nice simple tube, and it's all china glass, def not my thing..but hopefully its really smooth with all the diffusion

4. It's by far the smoothest bong I have tried. I have tried a volcano and many other bongs. I prefer this. I'm gonna add a carbon filter to it eventually as well. All brand name parts on the bong as well. I didn't know it was china glass.

5. idk it looks like its mostly china glass to me -.-

6. #6 OGkushak, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
    take everything off other than the inline = wayyyyy better setup.

looks ridiculous like that.

edit: hahahahaha sorry but how long it takes to clear in that video was so funny. dude stop spending all that money on attachments and go out and buy a nice new tube. did that idea ever pop in your head?

7. Damn dude thats amazing. But its probably a bitch to clean

8. #8 StickyStick, Jul 8, 2012
    None of that glass is "brand name" lol. Its all China glass and mass produced. As others have said, way to many fucking attachments man! I'd stick to the tube and the inline, get a nice custom bowl to slap on the inline and it will make the setup look 10x better.

9. #9 Juice0723, Jul 8, 2012
    I got a ton of other stuff as well. I can get another tube if I want. I'm prob just gonna buy some bubblers since I don't have one yet. I just did the all the attachments for fun. I can get way bigger hits from it which is what I like and is smooth as fck lol. the drag doesn't bother me at all.

You guys have recommendations for anything? Money ain't really a issue unless it ridiculously high haha.

U guys like it this way better?
    [​IMG]

10. just buy a brand name straight tube, like SYN

11. Look into something by sovereignty, mobius, toro, bc 2012,Sgw, dwb

Pains me to see all of your hard earned money and enthusiasm invested into china glass :(

12. #12 Juice0723, Jul 8, 2012
    this decent? http:// aqua lab technologies .com/scientific-glass/hvy-glass-9-mm-8-arm-straight.html

I didn't know gear was a bad brand. My bong rips harder then anyones I have tried in town lol. I like the looks of the one i linked.

13. He pulled the slide/ashcatcher at 10 seconds, the bong cleared fully at 17 seconds...yikes

@ op, that hvy tube is a much better choice, look for quality over quanity, low quality glass is draggy and breaks easy, having a bunch of low quality glass together just emphasizes both of those negative qualities.

14. #14 Juice0723, Jul 8, 2012
    I don't try and take the hit fast either just lettin ya know. I can post up a vid of me takin it faster or with less parts if ya want. I like how u guys have more knowledge then I do. Cause no one around here even has nice bongs made in USA I have noticed now. Everyone buys from a smokeshop with "brand" name bongs but I didn't know they were china glass til now. This is what makes this forum helpful for the less experienced.

15. No worries man, just commenting on the timing, and glad to hear you are learning, american made glass is the shit.

16. Like others have said, names such as SYN, SG, Salt, Alex K, and Mobius are all VERY respectable names in the glass business. They run a bit more for a tube but worth it in every way. Just out of curiosity, what country do you live in?

17. #17 Juice0723, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
    Canada. I have never seen anyone have any of the brands on aqua up here, I don't think haha.

18. You could point out chinese pieces they usually have colored glass, not saying worked glass like art, but colored glass, like the blue in your inline or on your tube. And Chinese pieces sometimes look fancy like your tube lol. most brand names do not make fancy tubes like yours for what I know. And the glass is thin.

19. #19 Juice0723, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
    Hmm, I dropped my bowl on the ground and my bong and neither broke. Same with the perc. Bong is 7mm. GEAR was established in 2003 and is based out of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada. Then I bought a bowl from a shop here for like $20 and like 2inches from the table I dropped it and it broke. I was like wtf that broke easy as hell. I noticed a difference in quality instantly. So I want to try the one I mentioned earlier "HVY Glass - 9 mm 8 Arm Straight". To see the difference. I like the more classy clean look of a simple tube and no attachments.

Also a guy at the smoke shop did a demonstration of a hoss bong and threw it and rolled it on the ground on purpose to show it wouldn't break. He said they were unbreakable bongs.

20. [quote name='"Juice0723"']Hmm, I dropped my bowl on the ground and my bong and neither broke. Same with the perc. Bong is 7mm. GEAR was established in 2003 and is based out of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada. Then I bought a bowl from a shop here for like $20 and like 2inches from the table I dropped it and it broke. I was like wtf that broke easy as hell. I noticed a difference in quality instantly. So I want to try the one I mentioned earlier "HVY Glass - 9 mm 8 Arm Straight". To see the difference. I like the more classy clean look of a simple tube and no attachments.

Also a guy at the smoke shop did a demonstration of a hoss bong and threw it and rolled it on the ground on purpose to show it wouldn't break. He said they were unbreakable bongs.[/quote]

don't believe that guy at the smoke shop if that tube had water in it that shit would have shattered and honestly hoss is crap compared to the hvy piece you linked the craftsmanship and quality of glass is much better than hoss