My bong is f*cked

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Bluntman00, Jul 28, 2011.

1. So I have a HI SI triple U-perc GonG Bong that I got for a good price at a shop not too long ago ($220) and I was recently smoking out of it the other day. Smoked a good few bowls out of it and then went back maybe 15 minutes later to pack another and when I went to pull the bowl out to my surprise it is just completely jammed in there (the whole diffuser is stuck in the socket aswell).

I mean these things are fucking IN there man, like I've tried EVERYTHING I could think of from just twisting on the bowl as hard as I can, putting it in the fridge for 20-25 minutes hoping the glass would slightly contract and I could twist it out, I've tried to use vegetable oil to get in between the bowl and the downstem to loosen up the joints. The last thing I tried was to unbend a paperclip and wrap it around my finger with a hook on the end, then I put the hook into the hole on the bowl and pulled as hard as I fucking could for like 10 minutes and got absolutely nothing.

Basically hoping someone else has had a problem like this with their GonG and maybe someone has an idea of WTF I can do about it, I mean my new bong is completely useless at this point. :mad:

2. Exactly same thing happened to my ZOB. Run tthe joint of your slide under hot water (I mean HOT) and then twist or pull it out. Then do the same thing for the downstem.

Try not to get water in the joints because thats wwhat causes it to get stuck

3. i hateee that
    fortunately it's never been terrible... but the shape of my bong makes it hard to fill without getting the female wet.
    oh well, my downstem is clipped on by choice so...
    i can take it out when i want to clean it :/

4. Tap it with a wooden spoon.

5. Stick it in the freeze for a few hours and then dip it in some boiling water. *_*

6. Don't do this^

7. Yeah figures that the kind of HI SI I have the diffuser is designed to actually pull the water up the stem to just right under the bowl to act as another percolator, of coarse when I was buying it I wasn't thinking about what kind of shitty circumstances this kind of diffuser could put me in :rolleyes:.

8. Already tried to use the bottom of a BIC and tap firmly around the joints, got nothing with that. Ill try to run it under hot water after this joint :smoke: But I thought hot water expanded glass and cold water contracted?

Rofl, I'm not retarded dude.

9. Good plan, If you want to be perforated by glass.

Tap a wooden spoon on the joint...or empty it and put it in the freezer for a bit.

10. UPDATE: Just got the bowl out after running it under hot water for a good 10 minutes, now gonna go try some more and see if I can get the downstem out (seems stuck even worse). Wish me luck blades! :bongin:

11. good luck bro
    remember, firm but gentle

hahahah