My Black Friday Trip to 2 smoke shops

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DankMedical, Nov 27, 2011.

1. this is the most expensive BS bong I could find:
    [​IMG]

They're probably the same as I haven't really heard any word on something new. Usually someone flaunts a change in a company that they are a dedicated fanboy of.

Your friend was probably bummed terribly.

Yeah, I think the limit for me is a Sovereignty Stemline. $325 is definitely pushing it though, so I'm yet to buy one.

I think what upsets me the most about this thread is that this random person in the story bought an expensive glass. Most of the people here are either going to take one of two sides.

It goes like this:
    side one cannot understand having enough extra cash to buy something that is incredibly expensive for what it does. They see the value of each dollar quickly decreasing and say, "oh fuck that, I pay for my own bills"

side two defends the right to buy what you wish to buy. everyone does like buying something fancy from time to time and they are okay with the decision.

however, it still remains clear to me that regardless of how much money this kid makes, he probably could have bought something that is more worth his while.

of course, I didn't have to buy the aforementioned X0 rear derailleur. My bike is worth about 10x my car, so yeah. still-bikes get me healthy. (justifications)

furthermore, PICS OR GTFO this shit.

seriously, we're arguing over this when there aren't even pictures.

2. He was able to find someone that was fascinated by the concept enough to buy it from him, after taking a 150-200 loss on the purchase. Everyone learns their lesson at some point, he did that day, and so did I.

3. Nice work, it isn't too often that you get to learn from the mistake of another person first hand.

4. Knock-off coil for 2 grand? Getting ripped at 1200.

5. #45 shnerpler, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2011
    my question is why would he blow money on a coil with lots of drag when he coulda got a toro circ/circ or sovereignty for CHEAPER and it would have been much higher quality also haha

coulda had a gridline!

6. not true....every tube has a unique milk capacity and rate at which the smoke accumulates so obviously bigger/faster hits from a TORO will get you higher than a rip out of some acrylic tube.

7. i fail to see the correlation...now if i came in here bashing the people saying that a 100$ counterpart is just as useful that would be one thing...

this thread boggles me tho it really does..people coming in here judging somebody because they spent theyre hard earned money on what they wanted.

its cool we understand some of you would never spend the papes on a purchase of this nature, but whose to say those who can are any less of a person for doing so...

8. Where the fuck are the pictures

9. And why buy a Mercedes for 40Gs when you could have a Toyota Yaris for £500? I mean, they are both vehicles that move, so it's ridiculous to spend any more than 500 on a Yaris.

/sarcasm

He bought it cos he wanted it. He had the money to spend, he didn't have anything more important to him for the money to go on, so he bought the bong. He doesn't walk around with a pricetag attached to it, and if he did, who cares.

Post pics man, I wanna see what $2000 of a smoking tool looks like.

10. ^ that's not the point the point is he bought a bong because of the price alone when he could have the top of the top of the bong world.

11. [quote name='"themedicatedman"']

fixed it for yuh :p[/quote]

You my good sir, are retarded.

12. a $60 custom roor... on *** base roors go for 300-400. I don't find it possible that a custom roor can go for less than half that

13. [quote name='"imondat420"']

You my good sir, are retarded.[/quote]

If you think you got a real, custom RooR for $60, you might want to reconsider calling other people retarded.

14. #54 monopolyman, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
    Lucky you. I'd love to take a rip from that beast. Was it an illadelph?

15. Why didnt he buy a volcano for cheaper? Theyre supposed to be the peak of smoking technology, and cheaper

16. People are so angry in this thread.

Today, I learned that if I get a nice bong, I shouldn't tell GC because people fight over the stupidest things :rolleyes:

17. There was a $2000+ bong in my local smoke shop, it was glass and about 5ft tall...im not talking a skinny pencil 5ft, but proportionally correct to a regular bong, just swelled up.

It was the biggest, most glorious bong ive seen in all my days...the headshop owner wouldn't let anyone touch it :D

18. i've only gotten one bong in my life, and it was about $100. still have it and use it almost a year later. i'm not that accustomed to buying bongs at headshops how can u tell when you're being ripped off? i dont want this shit to happen to me what happened to OP. whats the going rate for most good bongs like 2-3 feet? also can u haggle with most smoke shops

19. #59 A Basshead, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
  20. [quote name='"iMPREPREX"']

What a stupid comeback. :rolleyes:

I'm not fucking jealous. I'm stupefied. 1-2K to be a showoff? Couldn't that money go to something more useful? More buds? Help family? Help the less fortunate?

I remember when I had my first beer, dude.

And LOL again. Like you know me. Haha - Nope - I don't work 45 hours a week standing on my feet all day busting my ass - all while giving my mother a good chunk of it because she needs financial help.

You got owned, bro. Go back to your middle-school class. One day you'll "get it".[/quote]

You're an idiot. Go back to hitting your shitty 60$ acrylic.