My Black Friday Trip to 2 smoke shops

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DankMedical, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Well, Friday morning at about 4 am my friend, well call him CJ, took me to a smoke shop in the downtown area. He already had planned out buying a $2000 bong for 40% off, making it around $1200. Well, let me tell you, HE DID! he bought the sickest, nicest ripping bong I've ever smoked. It has a glycerin tube you can take off and freeze and its a coil which is so much more productive that an ice catcher.

So after that, we went to another smoke shop, and he bought a $500 quad perc bubbler for $350.

We smoked both pieces that day, and they're fucking awesome. I'm proud I could accompany him on the trip.

You may ask how he has so much $? He works a job and pushes a lot.

PS: This kid is the same kid who i posted a thread about his $1000 bong, he is now selling that for $500-600.

2. What the fuck kind of bong is it for 2000$?! That is ridiculous dude. What brand is it? My PH(x) HD HONEYCOMB was 700$ tag price, & he gave it to me for 540$ with a really nice case & a okay Ash Catcher (I ended up buying a hella dope Inline AshCatcher from a real high quality local Glass Blower, absolutely love it!) Honestly, I feel kinda bad for your homie, he got burned for real! I got to clean my bong today, fuck, I hate doing that. It is so scary.

3. Your kid friend should manage his money a little better. You should tell him to give it to me and I'll help him out.

4. Nah bro trust me this bong was well worth the $. It is hand sand blasted saying "KING" on the side, unsure of the brand but I think it's a local glass company called "RUN 603" but the guy at the shop also said something about an Illadelph, so it could be that too.

5. Did you take a picture..

6. Why... WHY would someone pay over $100 for a bong???

SMH for eternity.

Ostentatious? I'm like beside myself right here.

So fucking what! Does it grow or buy the weed for you??? Does it light the bowl by itself? I mean - ????

Sorry, I just literally can not get my head around this AT ALL.

7. some people work hard and like nice things....the reason you cant wrap your head around it is cause it wouldn't happen in "your" world

8. What a stupid comeback. :rolleyes:

I'm not fucking jealous. I'm stupefied. 1-2K to be a showoff? Couldn't that money go to something more useful? More buds? Help family? Help the less fortunate?

I remember when I had my first beer, dude.

And LOL again. Like you know me. Haha - Nope - I don't work 45 hours a week standing on my feet all day busting my ass - all while giving my mother a good chunk of it because she needs financial help.

You got owned, bro. Go back to your middle-school class. One day you'll "get it".

9. You called your friend a kid. What kind of kid needs that expensive of a bong? And really, Illadelph coils are overrated. Sorry

10. Calm down bro. The guy just wanted to share a cool story about smoking out of 2 awesome pieces. People "waste" their money on all kinds of things (cars, watches, clothes, sporting events, food, etc.). Live and let live.

11. Yeah it may seem like a waste to spend that much, but it's that kids money so who the fuck cares what he spends it on? I would absolutely love to smoke out of a piece that nice...

12. You're silly.

13. We all come from different walks of life. I, myself, can't justify being ostentatious.

But ok - the other posters are right. Live and let live. All I know is I never had money like that, so of course that would be absurd to me.

And I do have to admit. It kind of reminds me of the wine-glass thing:

Drinking wine out of a nice crystal, gold-plated glass is more enjoyable than drinking it out of a plastic Dixie cup.

So, I get it, but *I* just can't afford to do shit like that.

14. [quote name='"DankMedical"']Nah bro trust me this bong was well worth the $. It is hand sand blasted saying "KING" on the side, unsure of the brand but I think it's a local glass company called "RUN 603" but the guy at the shop also said something about an Illadelph, so it could be that too.[/quote]

Lmao, highly doubt that the tube was worth that much since you can't even give us a brand name. Better be a heady peyote pillar w like 3 collabs from different artists, sand blasted and coils don't make it worth anymore that what you see on GC, btw illadelphs don't run anywhere above 700

15. Please post a pic

16. Coulda got a bong that is just as smooth and has the same effect for a couple hundred

17. [quote name='"iMPREPREX"']

What a stupid comeback. :rolleyes:

I'm not fucking jealous. I'm stupefied. 1-2K to be a showoff? Couldn't that money go to something more useful? More buds? Help family? Help the less fortunate?

I remember when I had my first beer, dude.

And LOL again. Like you know me. Haha - Nope - I don't work 45 hours a week standing on my feet all day busting my ass - all while giving my mother a good chunk of it because she needs financial help.

You got owned, bro. Go back to your middle-school class. One day you'll "get it".[/quote]

Lol wtf are you talking about, your the guy that yells at a man with a Ferrari because you can't afford you.

"You got owned, bro."

Lololololol

18. so my local shop was having a sale, 15% off anything under $250, 10% off anything under $1000, and papers were buys 2 pack get one free. so i got 3 packs of papers(RAW, some other browns, and some clears) and a pack of pipe cleaners for $10. next year im gonna get a really nice perced bong with some notches, maybe an ash catcher.

19. And you sir, are an uppity asshole.

20. No - the idiot that buys a Ferrari got owned...

I bet you're the kind of dude who spends thousands on rims for his car.

It's all about the image, right? :rolleyes: