My BHO has dark lava looking spots! Help please!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Michigandabdude, Jun 26, 2017.

1. First few batches were perfect, temp 108, 36hour vac purge with heat. Getting a weird build up in spots. Has anybody encountered this before? High quality trim about 4 to 6 months old. Like I said the first two runs I did were perfect. Past two have had this weird reaction? 20170626_094531.jpg 20170626_094353.jpg

2. Mystery goop? What's the cleaning method between runs? Maybe it is a mass of built up waxes? Possibly agititation is all it would need to reincorporate? Or you could try winterizing with alcohol?

3. I

I think it may be from moving it around to much when pouring it on pp.. another guy said it was from old trim? I use alcohol to clean utensils and Pyrex blasting area.

4. Could be particulates from it being exposed during any of those steps I suppose... Interesting...

But also like you mentioned, maybe it started to budder a bit from the agitation.

5. I think it may be from Cleaning my hands with oils and then packing my tube again. This last batch turned up fire. Who knows?? Funny stuff we are working with.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Would love to know what your methods are! Some tasty looking stuff! Do you vacuum purge or just use heat?