my best friend is in a coma

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by napOm, Feb 23, 2010.

1. my best friend is in a coma
    he lives in San Antonio Texas and was hit by a car today while riding on his gas engine bicycle on the sidewalk. it cruises around 30mph so when the car hit him it sent him flying without a helmet face first into the street. he has brain injuries and multiple fractures on his face head and ribs. he is in critical condition and in a coma for an undetermined amount of time.

he is my best friend. i don't know if anyone else out there has a best friend but he's mine.
    we have been smoking buds together since we were kids man. we've practically been to jail together.

everyday till he either wakes up or dies i will burn one in his honor while playing eulogy by tool, followed by rammstein as my doobies tend to burn a while .
    its time to wake up my friend, the grass is calling.

2. im also from SA.

sorry to hear about your friend, i dont know what i would do. stay strong

this next ones for him

3. thanks dude.

4. I feel for you man :( A tear comes to my eye when shit like this happens. My senior

year of highschool my dad came to my job and his eyes were red as hell. I asked him

what was up, and he tried his hardest not to bust out into tears to tell me both of my

closest cousins had just died in a car crash a hour prior. I lost it, and just thinking about

it now still has my eyes and nose running wild.. i feel for you man and ill say a lil prayer

for you and your friend tonight. This happened wen i was 17 and now im 24 and it feels

like yesterday. I hope you dont have to experience any loss man, and stay strong. It

may be hard but offer yourself to your friends family for whatever they need...they'll

appreciate it greatly.

5. also man, if i were you man i would go the hospital asap.... sit by your buddies side and

talk to him. Tell him everything and anyhting you havent told him or were afraid to tell

him man..... trust me you'll never regret it. Hope everything turns out ok, keep us

updated

6. Stay strong for sure man. I lost my best friend to a motorcycle accident almost 10 yrs ago. And it still pains me.
    I also had a good friend that was in a coma for two years and one day he just woke up. He rides his Harley to this day man. Like what was suggested before go to him and talk. you never know what will snap someone out of a coma.

7. 2 years ago today exactly my buddy got into a bg time snowboard accident.
    he hit his head HARD. when he came to a bit, the teacher told a couple kids to take him back to his room and let him sleep it off. the kids did, but didnt trust the teachers judgement about leaving him there. not long after he went into seizures and eventually a coma. he was in a coma for over a month, and finally woke up. he is still affected by it and you can tell by the way he walks, talks, types, etc. but he is still here.

8. BEST WISHES FOR YOU, YOUR FRIEND, AND EVERYONE.

PRAYERS FOR YOU GUYS, AND FOR EVERYONE.

"MAY ALL BEINGS ATTAIN PERFECT PEACE."

(Now where are those damn kleenex? lol) This thread has my heart going out to all of you guys.

*Gassho*

9. I feel for you man. This brought a tear to my eye. My grandpa is in a coma also he has been in it for 3 months but he is comming along. I went to visit him and I found a lighter in his old room. Now I use it to spark up and I always say this one is for you papa. Ill add your buddy to my tokin prayers

10. I'm so sorry for your loss, I unfortunately had to quit toking but I'll keep your friend in my thoughts man, stay strong brotha

Also, it's been proven that talking actually stimulates brainwaves, who knows, sitttin by his beside for a bit when you have time and just talking to him about stuff on your mind or how you feel, it could actually help him too. just a thought.

keep us updated man

11. Dude that blows, i know if that happened to my best friend i wouldnt have a clue what to do, stay strong man. About to light one for your man

peace

12. On a good note this will be a nice t-break for him eh?

But seriously, ima burn one for your bro, hope he pulls through ok man.:smoking:

13. this happened to my best guy friend in PA a couple weeks ago.

stay strong. and send positive vibes for him!

14. Dont lose hope this girl who went to my HS was riding her bike and smashed face first into a truck (also not wearing helmet) and then she was propelled into the air and hit the groud on her head again. Everybody thought she was going to die but she came out of a coma a month or so later, I think she has some frontal lobe problems like phineas gage but she still managed to complete her year at swathmore.

15. Keep your chin up man. Only think positive thoughts. Go and be by your boys side for encouragement. Blazin one for you both.....Hope he pulls through....

16. im sorry my brother. I will say a prayer. God is real, it's never too late to schedule daily prayer in your life & change your mindset.

stay high :smoking: :wave:

17. aaw bro hope your friend pulls through man, i'll dedicate this joint to him man. stay strong

18. #18 napOm, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2010
    well i just found out that he is gonna live, and he came to but is very combative. though they will keep him under while healing. there are still chances of permanent injury so not out of the deep water yet.

thank you all for your kind words, helped me alot.
    sldo i have been building a vaporizer that i worked tirelessly to finish last night. though there were some issues i worked em out and while i was using it on its maiden burn, his live-in-girlfriend called me from hospital and said that he had just came too all pissed off and combative.

coincidence....i think not, this bowl/doobie/bong hits for you.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Im glad to hear your buddies gonna be ok! Bet that felt great to get the call saying he

was all pissed off and combative...id just smile and be like, "haha, thats my boy".. on

a side note; nice vaporizer man!! whats it made outta? looks like you put more time

and money into it, than a store bought one haha. Does it work good? more info man!

20. That sounds very troubling, I feel for you though napOm.

If my best bud were to have that happen to him, I wouldn't know what to do.

My next bowl will be raised to you and your friend, may your friendship be a long and lasting one.