My bands first paid gig!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by hailChickenWing, Sep 22, 2003.

1. We've done a few shows before, but last saturday, we played at a 40 year old's Birthday party and were paid real money to do so! It was a good laugh too and everything went OK. Just in case anyone's interested at all, here's the setlist.

The Dickies - Paranoid
    Gary Numan - Cars
    Millencolin - Kemp
    Sham 69 - Borstal Breakout
    Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
    Judas Priest - Breaking The Law
    NUFAN - The Daily Grind
    Kiss - Detroit Rock City
    OMD - Electricity
    Motorhead - R.A.M.O.N.E.S.
    Idlewild - A Modern Way Of Letting Go
    The Clash - I Fought The Law
    Black Sabbath - Iron Man
    Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
    Dr. Feelgood - Milk And Alcohol
    Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen
    Motorhead - Ace Of Spades
    AC/DC - Shoot To Thrill
    Misfits - Scream!
    The Undertones - Teenage Kicks
    The Hives - Hate To Say I Told You So
    The Stranglers - London Lady
    The Jam - Going Underground
    Sex Pistols - Pretty Vacant

Although due to time restraints, we had to miss out some. It's quite commercial stuff and no original songs, but the guy was 40 and it was in a hotel, so we couldn't play anything that would scare the residents.

Gimme your thoughts on the songs! Maybe suggestions for future covers.

2. Cover Cannibal Corpse's Edible Autopsy and some Cryptopsy songs when you get a chance!!

3. Well, I don't know if the drummer's up to that, however, a long time ago, I suggested we do "A skull full of maggots". As far as cryptopsy goes, I don't know if we'll ever be up to it, but I'd love to do "Open Face Surgery" as long as I got to attempt the 30 second scream!

4. when you listen to people talk about heavy metal, its always hard to tell when they are serious and when they are joking.

5. ^ ROFL!!! so so true

6. No one can copy Flo. You're right.

Hey there's no joking in here yet.

7. Yep, we do cars. In fact, the punters liked that one so much, we were forced to do it as an encore! (Yes, forced). On the subject of cannibal corpse's song titles though, I think the all time classic is 'meat hook sodomy' (Ow!).

8. right on! nice list u got goin for songs, some i have no clue lol and i don't think u want my suggestions lol:D!!!

9. Thanks! I'd definately want your suggestions if you've got some. There's no song too weird for us, honestly. We do an OMD song and we have an Ultravox one in the works too!

10. Entrails ripped from a virgin's cunt, anyone?