Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My balls hurt when i smoke!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sb2129, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Damn man I'm so sorry to hear that, I think I've got either prostitis or internal cystitis but smoking seems to help more than anything but urinary issues are nooooo fun whatsoever best of luck to you my dude. 

2. I get a really bizarre sensation "down below" - like a bizarre tingly sensation - when I smoke some stuff. It's very weird. I'm a woman, so it's got nothing to do with balls.

3. #43 moe lester, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
    I took a 2 day break from smoking cannabis and the pain went away almost entirely! I felt so happy I decided to celebrate with a blunt. THE PAIN CAME RIGHT BACK % MINUTES LATER but this time not as bad.  cigarettes do it to but not as bad as weed. I thought it was bacteria but now im starting to second guess. maybe its time for me to graduate on to needles or pills. :(

4. Did you find out what it was cause I have these symptoms

5. i’m going through the same shit right now did you ever find out what was wrong

6. LMFAO!! This whole thread man this is the best I've read in a while.

7. I think I have an answer. At least for myself. I am 18, a freshman in college and just began experimenting with marijuana.

During one gym session about 2.5 months ago I was bench pressing and must have flexed too hard and ripped a hole in my abdominal wall. This resulted in a double inguinal hernia. I didn't notice any pain at the time of injury but later that night I sat down and smoked some hybrid. Immediately I noticed a horrific pain in my right testicle. I panicked and began rapidly researching to ease my mind. I ruled out testicular torsion because there was no swelling and I just waited for the pain to subside after about 4 hours.

The next morning, I texted my father who has had many hernias and asked about the symptoms he had and compared them to my symptoms. When I was sober, the symptoms matched his past symptoms exactly. I had deduced that I had an inguinal hernia and later visited the hospital Instacare. The hernias were not strangulated and required no immediate action. So, for about 1.5 months, I had to stay away from weightlifting and other activities. I had smoked during those 1.5 months but only a small amount and noticed a dull but not horrible pain in my stomach, abdomen, and testicles.

I was okay but about 3 weeks ago, I made the horrible decision to smoke again. Too much. I took a couple hits off a 94% THC vaporizer and within 15 minutes I regretted my decision. The pain was quite literally blinding. I lost feeling in a portion of my scrotum, upper thigh, and lower abdomen. It felt like someone was grabbing my right testicle, pulling it down as hard as they could and twisting it. Then stabbing me right in the crease of my thigh and abdomen. It was terrible and I could barely move. I was shaking and the paranoia set in. Besides the pain I had head rushes and black going over my eyes. Severe paranoia symptoms set in as I laid there. I thought I was going to die (which I did not and would not die) and was too high to get myself to the hospital. I knew it was my hernia which was hurting me, but I was worried the pain might be because it was strangulated. (Thankfully it was not and everything inside me is intact). I laid in my bed for roughly 4 hours with an icepack in my pants just waiting for the pain to go away. For 4 hours I lay in bed shaking and wishing the pain would subside. Eventually it did and I fell asleep at about 3 am.

The following morning, I was sitting in my morning lecture when a similar but less severe pain began to develop. I couldn't focus on my work, so I left mid-lecture and called my father and explained the situation (leaving out the part about smoking weed) and he advised me to visit Instacare once again. From the following night, my abdomen was super sore from the inflammation and felt like I had just done 2,000 sit-ups. Once I was in the Instacare, my vitals were taken, and I was okay except for the pain. I had taken nothing for pain and at this point was given nothing. The doctor at Instacare did not notice that it was strangulated but advised that I visit the emergency room just in case it was. I drove myself to the ER and did a CT scan. The CT scan did not show any bulging or strangulation of my hernia. I was given a high dose of Toradol to ease the pain and sent home. Later that day I made an appointment with the general surgeon to fix the hernias.

After visiting with the general surgeon, I have a laparoscopic surgery scheduled for a month from now. I cannot tell you how excited I am to get this surgery so I can get back to exercising and doing the things I love. I have not smoked weed since my most recent ER visit, but I would like to in the future. After recovery from surgery, I will experiment with a low THC strain and see how it affects my body and update those in this thread. This was a lengthy response, but I tried to write something that might ease the mind of someone experiencing this pain.

*If you are currently in pain* please realize that you will live. I am in no way a certified doctor, nor have I had any training but after hours of research and multiple doctor visits, this is what I have concluded. If you are not experiencing swelling in your testicle, you are most likely okay but visiting the ER is up to your discretion. Observe if you have had hernia symptoms before you began the high and after. For me, the THC and panic increased the pain level of my hernia and made it worse. But if your hernia is not strangulated (look up the symptoms of hernia strangulation), it is not life-threatening but can only be solved by surgery. The pain in your testicle is caused by swelling in your inguinal canal that contains the tubes that connect to your testicles. This swelling pinches the tubes and causes the pain in your testicles. The numbness of the upper thigh and lower abdomen is a result of pinched nerves and will eventually subside. After you come down from your high, your abdomen will be sore from the amount of trauma you just experienced. The pain won’t completely subside until you are fully sober but you can help ease the pain while still high. Take a hot shower, drink some water, take an adequate dose of an anti-inflammatory (Advil, ibuprofen, or Tylenol) and possibly try to move around. Moving around helped me ease some of the pain while I was still high. Visit a doctor soon though! Maybe you don’t have a hernia and something else going on! If you want to smoke weed again, I have learned from research that maybe you should try a strain that is High-CBD and Low-THC. I advise you do some research about how CBD and THC react with your receptors so you can decide which type of marijuana is best for you. Please be careful! This isn’t talked about enough but it is one of the scariest things I have ever experienced!!!

8. Are you sticking the joint in the right hole?