My badass homemade drip ring

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DyersEve726, Nov 26, 2019.

1. I don't know why it took me so long to think of this solution...hit me while falling asleep last night. A total of six pressure compensating drip emitters per plant. 2x2gph in the center (red) and 4x1gph on the outside (black). It works awesome! Beats the hell out of trying to position a bunch of individual emitters around the plant with stakes. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. “Halo feeding ring” was the easy option you were looking for mate lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Trust me, I looked at those. Nothing but reviews of clogging and they still only hit the middle. This also removes the ball valves from the equation.

4. I've been using hydro halos for years and never had a clogging issue, and never had a dry spot issue either.
    Stalk.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The problem with reviews is people like to complain. More people make reviews when they have issues then when everything is working perfectly. Also lots of people blame the product even if its something they're doing or not the products fault, maybe the complainers have super hard water that will eventually clog anytging similar....who knows?....reviews need to be taken with a grain of salt. If you just dreamed this up last night who says your design won't eventually clog, its not like its been tested long term. Looks good bro, good luck. Hope it all works out for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I always take that into consideration. Other thing was I already had 100 feet of FloraFlex 1/4" tubing and 60 drip emitters, lol. My space is so small, 1/2" tubing is a pain to work with in there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Is that like 3L pots your using mate they look tiny?

8. They're Air-Pot #3.......9.2 ltr or 2.48 gallons. Love them.

9. I looked at those air pots. Any real advantage over fabric pots with coco? I'll be re-evaluation everything before my next grow and might try them.

10. I prefer a sturdy plastic pot to soft sided fabric.
    They don't have to be raised above the floor like fabric pots.
    They don't discolor due to salt, etc.
    They're easy to move around.
    They last forever.
    I suggest covering them in pantyhose to prevent fungus gnats from getting in the holes.

I start my seeds in the 1L propagation air pots. This is at 2 weeks from sprout just before transplant.
    Transplant 2 wks.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. So I added this Coco-Wet wetting agent to my tank. It is mostly marketed towards foliar feeding and they recommended 2.5ml per gallon. I went conservative on it and added 2.5ml to probably like 6 gallons. I assume it's normal for it to make bubbles in my res? Also, I assume I should stick with less than they suggest for foliar? [​IMG][​IMG]

12. Uh oh! My nutrients are obviously well aerated, lol. I think I'll use less next time. [​IMG]