Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My "Bad Trip" Experience

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Swoop Swoop, Apr 23, 2012.

1. I had never believed any of the "bad trip" stories until this happened to me...

Please don't say that the bud was laced because I smoked the same stuff earlier in the day and the day before. Also nobody else that I smoked with had anything like this happen.

I consider myself to be an experienced smoker. I have been smoking four or so times a week every week but this weekend something different happened. On Friday I smoked about 3 grams to myself throughout the day and then one more bowl before bed, I was coming down as I woke up the next morning. Saturday morning I woke up, and smoked some more (the strain was Jack Herer in all of these sessions, great bud by the way :D). I didn't smoke for the rest of the night until about 1:30 AM with a few of my buddies and we had around 4 bowls between 3 heads and a couple of beers for all of us. I had a headache so I decided to come home after our session and this is when my "bad trip" begun.

I was laying down in my bed, when all of the sudden my teeth feel like they were breaking each other to pieces much like I had felt in a nightmare I had a few weeks earlier, I then could see myself laying in bed destroying my own teeth almost like an out of body experience. I kept thinking that someone was coming up my stairs and I would freak out every time, turning off all of my lights and hiding under my blankets. Throughout the high, I was breathing very heavily and I was scared that I really was breaking my own teeth. Since all of that happened I haven't felt the same and at this point I never want to smoke again. :(

Sorry for such a lengthy post, this just really scared me and I was wondering if you guys had any advice/thoughts on the matter. :confused:

2. lol. you just greened out bro

3. Haha yeah you might wanna stay away from bud for a little while. How much did you drink?

4. Maybe smoke a different strain and see what happends

5. you don't know what tripping is until you eat some unmentionables

6. Just a bad trip. Take it easy next time, smoke at a pace your comfortable with

7. Man I had a bad trip like a week ago and I honestly thought I was going to die, I was very hesitant to smoke again so I stopped till the day before 420. When I smoked again I felt the same things I did when I thought I was going to die but I calmed my self down by controlling my breathing and sitting in a relaxed Position and having some water. You just had a panic attack bro smoke again and remember to keep calm and if you start to trip take your mind off it.

8. your first sentence was correct. You do not trip off weed, let a lone have bad trips, you smoked to much you got uncomfortable/maybe greened out, one thing i can assure you is, that you did not trip.

9. How can you assure him? Can you see what he sees? No. You can't. You don't even need any drugs to hallucinate. I hallucinated a couple times very briefly, but vividly as a child, and I was not on anything. It happened to me, I can assure you.

10. well dreaming doesnt count because DMT is released, and you can hallucinate without drugs? please tell me, and many others how so we can not constantly abuse many substances just for the pleasure of hallucinations, hmmm you would think hallucinating without drugs would be one of the most widely prevelant claims in the pyschadaelic world, well its not, so i stand by my first post.

11. Fuck that I'm gonna say it possibly was laced u should know by now how ur body reacts to weed. My dealer was selling some weird shit like that so I stopped buying from him

12. Umm its so obvious you were dreaming.

If a dream feels really really real. ( No just vivid I'm talking like you know your somewhat awake ) You can dream and be semi conscious at the same time.

It basically explains every stupid ghost story is fake.

This usually happens to younger kids and its always some type of intruder who wants to cause you harm.

Its happened to older people as well though and they have died because its scary as shit and can give you heartattacks.

Theres the drug that gets you tripping balls to dream (DMT) and then theres a bunch of other chemicals and shit that make it so you can't move and another that makes it so you can't wake up easily.

This is where it gets a little wierd it sounds like bullshit but hear me out because its happened to me.

The chemical that keeps you asleep has worn off at times well they other chemicals still stay kicked in.

So what you get is paralysis while being awake while dreaming almost always a nightmare.

13. I think your problem might have just been the mixture of alcohol and weed, if your not used to or have too much fun with both of them at the same time it makes for a pretty uncomfortable experience, not a bad trip. As others have said ole mary wont make you trip you need to talk to lucy for that ;)

14. you don't have to privilege to say you tripped on weed until you try some unmentionables then you will know if you tripped or not on weed

15. [quote name='"MrCosby"']you don't have to privilege to say you tripped on weed until you try some unmentionables then you will know if you tripped or not on weed[/quote]

True that. Having a "trip" is crazy mind fuckery.

16. Hiding under blankets? Teeth feel like they are breaking? First time I posted about underage but I'm going out on a limb and calling you out.... You sir are a little young for these forums. :) My advice.. Wait a few more years then try again.

17. U eventually learn to enjoy that stuff

18. This^

Shit get's real during an actual trip.

19. I can honestly say I also tripped real hard once on weed. I think it was because it had been a while since I smoked and I smoked out of a high-tec bong which I had never done before. I took one hit and I started coughing to the point I thought I was going to puke and I felt like I was sweating. It was super uncomfortable. I went inside because I thought I was going to puke then I look at my self in the mirror and realize "damn im fucked right now". Then I stand next to this hat rack and I fall. Then I felt like I fell into hell. Like at the moment I thought hell was this place where you keep falling. Like i'd get up and hit some type of furniture and it kept happening over and over again. It was hella scary. I was basically mentally handicap for the rest of the day and i had to go work later too. But after that, my whole idea on life changed. My tolerance went up. I can smoke much more than I could before, it was sort of a big step in my mj toking career. I can really handle myself better when I'm high. Sure i was scared of weed for a while but i soon got back in the game. Stronger than before.
    It happens man just learn from it. If it ever happens again (which it most likely won't) just be mentally prepared. Remember to take smaller tokes and give it a minute to kick in. Don't want to smoke a bunch then have the high creep up on you.
    *sorry about the long post

20. I'm going to say bud was laced, with meth. Definitely.