My bad luck with glass...

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by jujubes, Jun 28, 2010.

1. #1 jujubes, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
    Five weeks ago, I was in the woods with some friends :smoke:
    However, on the way out, I forgot my stash of glass in the woods. Which included a RooR green label straight, a fumed spoon, and a clear steamroller.

After I lost all my glass, I bought a Luke Wilson mini 10 arm w/ the diffused disc piece. While cleaning the glass slide, it shot off into my sink and broke...

I then bought a LUX Mini Straight to replace my RooR. A week after buying my LUX, I am cleaning my martini slide that came with it and it too shoots off into the sink, only it shatters. :eek:

Anyways, seeing as how I have no slides, I buy a PHX Honeycomb. I am toking up at a friends house, and then I went swimming. I found my slide in my pocket while swimming and gave it to a friend to hold onto for a bit. That friend went swimming too and gave it to one of my other friends to hold onto. I didn't know this, and left without my slide.

Anyways, today I find out that my friend with my slide left it in the cup holder of their friends car, where their friends parents found it and confiscated it.

Now, I am out of that slide as well... And I have no slides :(

Is tin foil a suitable replacement until I buy another one, or...???

2. Don't use tinfoil. Also, why didn't you just go back and grab the glass from the woods when you realized that you had forgotten it? Boy I bet the kids that found all that were ecstatic!

3. :eek:. God damn dude, that is so shitty man. Dont use tin foil on glass ever D: Just go to you lhs and get a cheap slide. Im sorry all this happened to you, i couldnt imagine how pissed you were when all that happened.

4. I did go back and I searched for several hours... however, I couldn't find my backpack :D

5. Seriously man? How the hell do you lose that much glass, especially just leaving it in the fucking woods? Sorry but I just can't bring myself to have much sympathy for that one, especially nice expensive glass like you had.

The sinks, on the other hand, are the devil's playground, and I feel your pain. Too many good pieces have been lost at the hands of the sink monster.

6. Buy 10x Cheap Slides from Grasscity's Shop.

Problem solved, and you've got enough backups to last you a week or two ;)

7. thats funny i found a roor and some other glass out in the woods when i was hiking. lol no really im sorry man i just broke my ash catcher a week ago and replaced it but im still pissed the old one broke. i could imagine what it must feel like losing all that. i hope you get some better luck and happy toking.

8. dam dude.. i feel for you man, this blunts for you..but seroiusly lol my bong isn't even that name-brand expensive and man i BARELY let people hold my shit unless they are down to pay the damage they WILL do, cause comon even im kinda clumsy when im high as faaaaack, but you can get a cheapee diffused downstem and slide for like 15$ at your LocalHeadShop...

and no worries.. i've seen my shit brough down to Davy sink monster's locker aswell:(:(:(:(:(

9. #9 Abusive Kush, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
    Sounds like you arent responsible enough for those nice pieces you keep losing/breaking/confiscated.. Try plastic for awhile.;) Sorry to be so harsh....

10. I agree with Abusive Kush, seems like you can't handle glass well, maybe not the best idea to get spendy glass if you have a habit of breaking or loosing it

11. To the two people saying I'm irresponsible, you're probably right, however...

In my years of having glass, I have only broken four things.

And the forest... It is a forest outside my college campus with rivers and things running through it. Everyone goes there... And you can't tell me that it is not entirely uncommon for someone to toke and then completely forget something behind :smoking:

12. One word...Acrylic.

13. I think I might try a Toro Ice Pinch slide... Or would just getting SSFG to make a Disc Diffused one be a better bet? I can't find Ben Wilsons Disc Diffused bowls anywhere, let alone Luke Wilsons.

Both of my main pieces are kind of pains to clean, with the 10 arm tree perc inside the bubbler on one and then the 5 arm w/ splashguard on the other, although I didn't have too much difficulty cleaning them with simple green soak and iso + salt.

14. I used to only toke outside, in some popular woods near my place, and never, ever, forgot anything up there

so, you've had lots of glass, but lately have just been getting lazy about handling it? even when I'm using a cheap glass piece, I'm careful, and because of this have never broken a single piece, though my friends have made a dent in my collection at times.

15. you have to treat glass like a baby, and damn man after breaking my first glass bong I learned my lesson and now I have lots of glass.

Don't let anyone even touch your bong without first explaining some rules. Get a simple tube with a case, keep it clean, and never take your eyes off of it. Always have at least a few different slides as well.

16. The first glass break (my luke wilson slide) I was cleaning with simple green and it just simply got too sudsy and slipped out of my hands...

The second time, the martini glass, I was cleaning it, and then my friend told me to look a little bit closer because he thought he saw a spot of resin, so I held it up to my face, and it literally jumped 4 feet right into the sink amid a carpet.

Also, I am generally super duper careful when handling glass. I won't even let people sit any of my glass on metal patio tables.

17. I've been fortunate enough to never break a downstem or an actual piece, just the slides :smoke:

18. why would anything get sudsy when cleaning it, all you need is iso and salt, with a lil warm water, shouldn't be any suds.

19. LOL just soak it in the Simple Green.

Why don't you ever buy replacement slides. Every time a slide breaks, you get a whole new bong? WTF?

If you very really "super duper careful" then you wouldn't even let a friend watch over you while cleaning glass.

Cleaning is the most vulnerable time for glass smokeware.

Try to get a bong that's easy to hit while sitting on a sturdy flat surface.
    And just use alcohol to clean slides. SG is for tubes.

20. lol, I was trying soo hard to get the diffused disc screen clean, that I tried soaking it in simple green and then cleaning it with a qtip. The simple green got it all slippery sudsy though :(

And I don't get new bongs whenever my slide breaks? I bought the LUX Mini Straight because since I lost my RooR I didn't have a bong...