my babys

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by TheHempMan, Nov 24, 2003.

1. O YEA THAT PIC IS ABOUT 4-5 HOURS OLD THE COLA TURNED UP AND IS GROWING TOWARD THE LIGHT NOW PLANTS R COOL YOU KNOW THERE ALIVE WHEN THEY CAN MOVE LOL

2. no let the tie remain, the only thing that will happen is the main stem will try to grow straight again. since youve noticed the main shoot growing towards the light again, you can if you want, tie the main shoot closer down.

3. kinda bored so i thought i would update going real well so far but here is a couple pics.

Attached Files:

4. a side shot...........and i want to know why everybody says to train but when i see other peoples plants there not tied down.so do i just wate for the branches to get a little big and then let the plant go straight.

Attached Files:

5. and the babys

Attached Files:

6. some people train, some dont, those i think who dont train normally do it quite unintentionally and end up training in later grows to maximize bud growth. when you train a plant, to force the lower growth even with the top, your are creating more budsites. each of these sites have the potential to become equal in size to the main stems bud formation. a single kola bud would be nice, but why not have several budz decent in size? the training your doing now is benifiting you, you can retie the top stem again. look at my clones on my grow log, you can see how im training my smallest clone, im showing her no mercy :)

7. also tying down maximizes light absorption to all portions of the plant, rather than the top most part of the plant absorbing all light, and you having to move the light further up so the growing tip doesnt burn itself moving the light furthest away from the lower sites preventing them from getting the proper light they need. already from your side shot you can see how tight internode spacing is, this is good :) means you are maximizing light

8. here is a pic someone posted cant remember but is this what happens without training.

Attached Files:

9. and but when the plant is close to flowering do i untie it?

10. yeah thats basically what will happen, of course the bottom is going to be effected because of the loss of light, you can untie it if you want during flowering, by that time, the stem should be trained at that same direction

11. so the plant will pretty much stay the same shape if i untie it.

12. a naughty do u you think my 3 24 watt compact flouros one 15 watt 1ft tube flourescent and my 70watt hps is enough to flower my plant and get some decent bud.

13. yes for a single plant. with your light situation you want to make sure youre using all of it. training the plant will keep it short and you can make it a little bush, this will benifit you in flowering, and also during flowering stretch so there isnt too much internode space. you want tight flower formation to form those budz :) make sure you also use you flower fert when you go 12/12

14. do u think another 50 watt bulb could do two plants because i have a 50 watt bulb and i could probably find a fixture for it if you know what i mean lol.

15. o yea do u think my plant is a sativa.

16. is that a 50 watt compact floro? you could add it, but where? overhead for 2 plants? or lower for lower bud growth. if you have access to 2, i would rig them where they are closer to the middle or bottom of the plants. money wise and elctricity wise, an hps would be a good investment.

17. no no no i have a 50 watt hps but not another ballast

18. you should scrog train, buy a chicken wire screen and build a frame for the screen about 1'x2'. put this about 6" above your soild and train the plant. when the plant 1/2 fills the screen continue to ttrain until it fills under hte screen then stop training and let the buds grow through the screen. you end up with a matt of small 3-6" colas that are all in the sweet spot for you lights. have the 70w hps in teh center about 4" from the tops and have 2 cfls on each side of the hps about 1-2" from the tops.

19. a grower you think you could show me a pic of a scrog setup,