My baby is sick, help! (pics)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by QuietRiot, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Hello all,

I recently inherited a plant from a friend who had to leave for basic training, and I am having a couple small problems with it. It was growing outdoors when he had it, but I have switched it to indoors under 2x 27 w and 1x 40w cfl's. I would imagine this could cause some stress from the move outdoors to indoors, but I am not really sure because I have not been able to find much information on that. The plant is about two months old.

Sorry for the shitty pictures, I couldnt find my camera so I had to use my phone. The first problem is in the second picture, its hard to see but by my finger, and in several other places there is a discoloration that is a brownish orange almost like it is burnt. The second problem is that I burned several of the lower leaves as you can see in the 3rd picture, and I am wondering what I should do about that. I am buying a ph tester today as well as some nutes if anyone has any suggestions on the nutes? and I know this might not be the right spot but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this plant is to far along to lst or if i should just do some fimming?

Thank you in advance for any advice possible.

Attached Files:

2. HIGH All, welcome to The City QuietRiot.....well it looks like it's overwatered...let it dry out for a few days..then we'll Grow from there....plus maybe a bit more light wouldn't hurt.

3. Thanks alot! I am on my way to the store now to get a new pot, im going to repot it and get another light or two on it. Along with some nutes and im going to check the PH of the soil. I had not noticed it until just now but you can kind of see it in the second picture right by my finger, but the stems coming from each of the leaves have a purpleish color/unhealthy look to it, is this caused by something or just part of the growing process and normal?

4. OK, so I repotted and added another 23w cfl and gave it nutrients at 1/2 strength. but the plant seems to be doing much worse, the leaves are drooping and each of the stems is purple and shrivled up, its hard to see but the second picture shows it. Also two sets of leaves have this wierd splotching thats like a black/brown that you can see in the last picture a little. anyone have any ideas, please?!

Attached Files:

5. HIGH All, yes I did notice it...no it's not normal...it's why I think it's overwatered.

6. Alright, thank you, is there anything else I can do to help the overwatering problem? I repotted and bought a meter to check the moistness of the soil and its at a good moisture now, but was definitly too wet before.

7. HIGH All, hey QuietRiot....the best way to check for wetness or dryness...try the weight test...it is the best way to tell.

8. Is a sign of over watering purple stems?

9. HIGH All, no Shelves it isn't..an overwatered plant looks drowned...hard to discribe....but after time a damaged leaf will do that.