My baby is in shock!! HELP!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by doom3crazy, May 6, 2010.

1. #1 doom3crazy, May 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2010
    So I just transplanted it into a bigger pot and its been six hours since then and my plant is hella droopy. Is this normal? Will it recover? or is it dying? :(

2. There's no way we can know for sure man, there could be other factors to consider.

However, they do often droop a bit if you fuck with them for a while. I'm sure she'll bounce back for ya. :)

3. i hope so. this is like the worst feeling. to kno all the love and care you put into the plant could go completly to shit, and you have to start all over. Kills the motivation....:mad:

4. Use it as aa learning tool. Plants tell you when they're happy and when something's up, learn to recognise what they're telling you. :)

I'm sure she's perked up already. :hello:

5. :(

[​IMG]

6. Well that told me. :p

Did you have any problems when you transplanted? Was she fine before? Give as much info as you can. When was she last watered?

The good news is she isn't dead. :p Let's see if we can fix her. ;)

7. I watered her today. And she was way green and healthy before. And I dunno if you call it a problem but when i transplanted it went so so I thought. It didnt come out in one piece. It was falling apart and it was just a really rough transplant. :eek:

8. there's the problem. You likely damaged the roots during transplant. Give her a week and she should bounce right back.

9. Okay, well I think she's through the worst. The next 24hours will be crucial. ;) There's nothing else you can really do man, if she is neither over or under watered, I would just leave her be as much as possible for a few days, she should perk up if there's no interference. Have you got any perlite in that soil?

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe you did some root damage when you transplanted, only time will tell if you will get away with it.

Good luck man.:wave:

Edit: ninja'd. :p

10. so should I still keep her on the 18/6 cycle?

11. Yeah, try not to change anything drastic. :) Minimum stress, just tlc until she pulls through.

12. What soil did you have it in before? Same stuff? Looks like there isn't anywhere near enough perlite in there to give adequate drainage especially for such a young plant...

in any case the plant's generally gonna look a little off for up to 24-48 hours after a transplant even if you do it perfectly...if you consider what you're doing when you transplant it makes perfect sense.

13. #13 doom3crazy, May 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2010
    I had it in MG seed starting soil and thats what had the perlite. Should I throw some of that soil in around it. Or will that not doing anything at this point?

14. You definitely don't need to mess around with the plant anymore until it settles into its new container and starts to repair any damage...I'm not a big fan of Miracle Grow (except for their Organic Choice which isn't terrible for the price, although it needs to be lightened up a lot too), but just observe it over the next few days, make sure not to overwater it, and see where it goes.

15. no, dont add soil, you should add perlite. It's a little late now and i wouldnt touch anything considering her current state.

when she bounces back you need to transplant into some soil with perlite or you risk drowning out your roots. You buy perlite seperately and mix it into the soil before you plant/transplant I cant stress enough the importance of soil that drains well.

you want at least 20% perlite in your soil, you can mix as much as 50%. I go with about 25% myself.

16. would it be ok to mix my MG seed starting soil with my soil its in now, like after she recovers? The MG seed starting soil doesnt have any nutes in it. Just soil. But its got alot of perlite in it.

17. go buy a bag of perlite. its less than 10 bucks.

18. The reason I was asking is because I thought i would just do my best to mix it in, withthe exsisting soil. I dont kno if I wanna risk transplanting again. Some of the leafs are starting to raise up, so I think its alive, but damn, Im sure it had a near death experience ;)

19. lmao im so high i tht the name of this thread was talking about a reall baby lol haha:smoke::smoke::smoke:

20. lolololol nice one