My Babies are dying, Help me save them

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Dr_GreenThumb, Apr 22, 2008.

1. So these plants are about 6 weeks old. they went through a stage of transplant shock due to a move but most recovered (2 casualties). They got better and now they are sick again for some reason. The yellowing is getting worse by the day.

I am growing in a aeroponics system, aeroflo 20. i use ph adjusted water and my ppm is at 300 right now. temps are kinda high but i'm working on getting them lowered. i have them under a 250 watt hps and a 400 watt metal halide on 18/6. take a look and let me know if u guys can throw in some advice.

Attached Files:

2. 300 PPM? guy. my water comes outta the tap at 300PPM, your STARVING THOSE BITCHES!

what feeding method are you using (slap yourself if its not Lucas)

first off, that looks like the clearest caste of mag def i've ever seen, so, epsom salt FTW, 2nd, 300 PPM??? ZOMG! third.. 300 PPM, seriously?

http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/1654.htm

:D

edit: also, what PH is the water? and what are "high temps"

3. my pH meter crapped out on me recently so i am not really sure what the pH is. Would u happen to know anything around the house that i could calibrate my pH meter with.

Also, what is the lucas method? 0 grow and i'm not sure how much micro or bloom

high temps is like mid 90's during the peak hot hours of the days that are really hot outside, its been cooler the last couple days so it hasnt been too bad.

4. Buy a bottle of mineral water from the store, look for one that tells you the pH on the side of the bottle.

5. Bro, if your water comes out 300PPM then you need an RO filter. 150+ is considered hard water... Hardwater usually has excess calcium and chlorine, which eat up your nutrients and cause lockout. If your PPM is at 300 on your tap water you're also going to guess that you will have to add some epsom due to the extremely alkaline PH level and it will also help eliminate excess chlorine and calcium salts.

300PPM is perfect DrGreenThumb. I keep my veg PPM at 250-400 depending on plant size and their reaction to my solution. It might be a good idea to pick yourself up some fulmic acid. It makes your job a lot easier. Normally 700ppm in 2 week veg would destroy your plants, but the fulmic acid makes it possible for it to take that high of PPM. It also helps with PH fluctuations as it breaks down the nutrients into easier compounds that can be uptaken at higher or lower PH levels than normal.

Keep the PH around 5.6. Those 90 degree temps will fuck your plants over in no time. I'd say you open a window and open your closet every time it gets to about 82 degrees and air it down to 76-78. Different nutrients will get taken up at different temps, if your roots are at 90 degrees they will get only the nutrients that can still be taken up at 90 degrees and lock out the rest.

Sorry I explain everything that I mention and dont just give you the quick solution. I want you to understand as well so that you can help others in the future.

6. no i would definetly rather have you explain it than to just give me the quick solution thanks a lot for that....

i tried lowering the temps and i'm still having problems, my plants are just curling up and drying out... it gets worse every day, could it be anything other than the heat? maybe a specific nute deficiency/lockout that looks prevalent in the pics?

7. 6 weeks and your still under 18/6?. I thought the aeroflo systems grow quicker and most people use 12/12 after like a week or so.?