My apologies

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by 1Trismegistus1, May 13, 2011.

1. I would like to apologize for my remarks about the Holocaust, as they seem to have been taken way differently than what I meant when saying such things as Hitler was a high soul with a Divine mission. I doubt anyone cares for me to elaborate on what I truly meant in more detail though. I was not trying to downplay the atrocities that occurred during that time, though I can see how it came off that way even with elaborating that there was terrible things that occurred, since war prisons are never some tropical vacation. If you'd like me to elaborate on what I meant as far as it being Divine in it's purpose then I will, if not then I simply wish to offer my apologies to anyone who I may have offended.

2. Anyone who didn't learn a valuable lesson from Hitler... Needs to have their "learner" looked at.

:smoke:

3. Tbh, it's their fault. I haven't seen any of these posts but I'm figuring people being offended came to be due to their own interpretations of what you said.

4. It's cool you said that man. I'm sure the people who were offended really appreciate this.

I've had to apologize to a lot of people on here when I take stand on something that isn't a very popular opinion and I hurt people's feelings sometimes.

Then I realize how silly I was and I feel bad for hurting peoples feelings over nothing. It feels good to apologize and make peace. It releases that built up energy and synchronizes sacred geometry around you (if you believe in that :D ).

5. I understand how some people were offended. I also know what you meant, though. Elaborate if you wish =)

The way I see it, if people are offended, they shouldn't read it, or shouldn't comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs.

6. I elaborated somewhat in my last post in that thread, so maybe that will help a little bit.

7. #7 ImagineReality, May 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2011
    Personally, I find it discusting (the holocaust I mean). But I mean no judgement Tris! It was very respectful to post this apology, and I respect you back for it. One love.

8. #8 yurigadaisukida, May 13, 2011

yes it is easy to say things you dont mean, or make generalizations when you are passionate

i will admit im guilty

i didnt read the thread the op is talking about, but the idea that hitler was a good thing is definatly valid if you believe that everything is part of gods plan

regardless of your beleifs, that logic is indeed sound. no one can know what would have happened had hitler not existed. perhaps someone worse, later in history, with more tech, would get a lot more kills.

thank the universe for hitler

9. “What you perceive, your observations, feelings, interpretations, are all your truth. Your truth is important. Yet it is not The Truth.

10. ok your taking this reality thing too far

at that point someone could take that to mean in their reaility its ok to be racist, and kill rape and pilliage people who dont deserve rights

if your truth hurts my truth, then there is a problem

that is why we strive to find ONE truth, but allas it is always out of reach

11. #11 1bakedpotato, May 13, 2011
    I find myself thinking somewhat along the same lines when I think about Hitler. Though, I do not think the Holocaust was good, it is a point in history we're supposed to look back to with that corny saying about history repeating itself.. even though after Pearl Harbor america set up concentration camps..

Himself was a very smart man. I come to think the same things when I think of Charles Manson.. though he wasn't on such a high scale and his psychological warfare was used on a few in an attempt to ignite an apocalyptic race war. You read some quotes Hitler has said and it's not hard to see he knew what the fuck was up..

"It is not truth that matters, but victory."

"If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed."

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it. "

"What good fortune for governments that the people they administer do not think."

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions."

"Great liars are also great magicians."

"Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future."

"He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future."

"The receptivity of the masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, but their power of forgetting is enormous. In consequence of these facts, all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these in slogans until the last member of the public understands what you want him to understand by your slogan."

"The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category. "

You can apply many of these to the US Government, it's almost scary.

12. If truth were one than there would be total peace in the world.... What hilter had done is truth according to his "one Truth".... What you are doing is truth.... according to your "one truth"

13. Power=mind control (to many). Please do not let this happen.

14. Not having read such a thread, I can't really judge your apology but I doubt there was any malice in what you said.

I would however be interested if you could expand on the thought that Hitler was a high soul with a Divine mission. A while back I heard that Osama is also a higher soul and that threw a spanner in the works for me. Now I can see why Hitler would be a higher soul with a Divine mission. He has brought many into the light. It's harder being the villain rather than the hero.

15. I'd just like to add something.

Everything is God - God is everything. If you believe that statement is in any way true then what we perceive to be evil would only be the result of misunderstanding or lack of awareness on our part. What might seem to be wrong at the time we look may later reveal something that turns out to be good that would not have happened without these events transpiring. It could therefore be said that what we judged to be evil at that point in time was actually, ultimately good.

Hitler wasn't on his own in all this - without every subordinate choosing to carry out his ideas and orders none of what happened could have occurred. Each person is responsible for their own part in what happened. It is not our place to judge 'history' as we can never know the truth.

For those who go through such experiences, that's something each individual must come to terms with - it's between them and their god.

A Paedophile is seen as evil and ostracised from the community. What you can't know is the unloving or abusive childhood that had a strong hand in creating him. Is he truly evil or just the result of the circumstances of his life?

16. This part is a bit iffy, I don't know if you've ever read the Bhagavad Gita (and if not then read it asap). The sword in the hand is not responsible for killing, it is the weilder of the sword. In the same way, by merely doing your duty it is not you who is responsible, but the country you are fighting for. There is a catch to this, you must remain unattached to what you do in war, if you grow hateful and take your actions against the enemy personal then it comes down on you, but doing your given duty without attachment is simply Karma Yoga. Of course there are always people in war who begin to take things personally, and for those bad deeds one is accountable.

17. #17 esseff, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011
    Just because you're told to do something doesn't exonerate you from the results of your actions. Whether you're given orders or simply believe it's your duty, it doesn't change the fact that you are still choosing to do what you do.

With regard to war, if you believe what you're doing is for the greater good, than that can relieve you of much responsibility. But simply following orders, whether you do so taking it personally or not, or regardless of how ignorant you may be about the real motives behind why you're there, doesn't change the fact that it is you that carries them out.

What if you're ordered to take a group of elderly or sick people and execute them. Are you only accountable if you do so with vigour, but not if you just pull the trigger without thinking?

18. to esseff-this seems to be what Tris was trying to get across about your question...almost as if you were an observer of your actions-not mentally invested

19. In the Bhagavad Gita Arjuna is at war with his Uncles and teachers and is torn, refusing to fight at first, as the village had basically split up and it was somewhat of a civil war. He was told by Krishna that it would be worse for him to not do his dharma (duty) than to do what must be done as a soldier, and so long as he was merely doing his duty without any personal attachment he would not be held accountable. That is how the sages break the wheel of reincarnation, by becoming unattached to this world and merely acting as a vehicle of God instead of out of personal interests.

20. Nice!