my apartments...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by dyse702, Oct 19, 2014.

1. so guys i have a situation i want some advice on, obviously im a stoner xD, i burn on my couch in my apartment n what not and it has never been an issue. (moved in in feb its now oct so. ) well the begining of the month i get a notice that there has been complaints of marijuana smell coming from my apartment and down the hall, was a warning if it happens again 100$ fine , 3rd time 250$fine and kicked out. so i said well we will take it easy, time was rough and i was outta money anyways so pretty much didnt burn at all, ill say oct 1st got the notice and i havent had any since, well i jus get another notice under my door dated friday that i got my 2nd notice and i owe em 100$. whats a good way to fight this cause while i might have done it in the past, im fuckin innocent on this one. if they had a complaint on the day the fine and shit was issued it would literally be impossible as i was out of town this weekend and no one was home on the date of the citation.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Explain that you were out of town and there's no possible way it could have been you.

Furthermore, you don't know what marijuana even smells like. You're a good christian boy who has never touched drugs, not even tobacco or alcohol.

Also, say you don't appreciate false accusations and you won't pay a fine for something you didn't do.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Did you sign anything in the lease contract that Said penalties for cannabis smoke?

• Like Like x 1
  4. 1. Buy a smoke buddy(small 10$ smoke filter, disposable) 2. use air freshener/blow smoke out window.

5. I think blowing smoke outside is what's causing the issue.

The smoke buddy is excellent for apartments, not the home made sploof with fabric sheets (these do not work whatsoever).

6. They have no proof its coming from your apartment. I would just play dumb and act like i never even seen weed before (while high of course tehe). And just be more cautious with your smoking.

JESUS GOT SHOT IN THE FACE

• Like Like x 1
  7. I never understood how they could blame you for marijuana smell, when its almost impossible to know who it is by way of smell.  
    The only way they could really bust you is if they're doing a routine maint. stop at your place or you call maint. cuz you need something, and they end up finding your stash/paraphernalia.

When I had my own apt, I ran into a bunch of shit from management.  They would blame me for cig butts on the ground, to drug use, to even robbery, even though I hadn't done any of them.  Right before I left, the manager even called the cops for harassment and "assault", cops started laughing when they got there and actually told him that he needs to stop harassing ME ha.  First time I had the law on my side.  

What I am trying to get it is despite all of the altercations, I was never fined (unnecessarily) or evicted.  You just need to argue for yourself and don't stand down.  Many times these apt managers, or rather other ppl that work in the office, tend to mix a lot of shit up and its probably just a simple misunderstanding.  

Remember he is probably gonna tell you that you said your place wouldn't smell like weed again, meaning you admitted to the first time around.  Since he already knows you blaze its gonna be harder to get out of.  Unless I didn't read the post thoroughly.  

Sorry guys forgot to check this! i never admitted to anything first off. they slide a letter under your door. i received one 2 weeks ago as a first warning and jus recieved another 1. and as for the smell being from me blowing outside, im top floor and my balcony leads to the street so i doubt that. i think the chick across the hall is literally whos doin it, i know shes burns. my point is like what was brought up earlier, HOW DO THEY KNOW ITS FROM MINE?!?!

9. You could always (unless it contains any specifics about you such as your room number or name or whatnot) slide the first letter under HER door and see what becomes of it
    (spot her walking out with letter in hand) "HEY NEIGHBOR! Oh, you got one too? Guess SOMEONE shouldn't be burning so much of the good stuff, or maybe should just be careful so SOMEONE doesn't get their ass evicted"
    Or if she's cool:
    "Hey neighbor, you should stop burning so often or be more careful because your habit might get me evicted. Funny, how the world works and all."

10. apartments suck i feel for you i lived in a roach infested shithole of an apartment for a while. 

11. If I were you I would just set the entire apartment ablaze. That would show them. 

12. GENIUS! gonna go smoke a bowl to that one my friend, then blame it on the dog, we will see what happens tomorow i was gonna talk to em today but they were gone when i got home, wish me luck blades.