My amateur buds are looking awesome!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Anonymous710, Jul 28, 2021.

1. This is my third dwc grow and I've been experimenting with vertical growth, and HELL YEAH! I just need these colas on every stem, just can't incorporate a trellis thus far, have been relying on garden wire to this point... how do yall normally fasten your trellis to your tent? 20210727_225604.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Congrats looks great man. I grow n coco but always wanted to do dwc. Have u noticed a dif n taste or smell? I’ve always been told with dwc ya get more yield but taste n smell is lower quality. Is that true?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Yea with these larger systems I've noticed lower terpenes, although I have 1/2 gallon setup which yields way less yet the flavor profile is awesome... but I'm guessing my loss of terpenes is due to my reservoir lacking a water chiller.... from what I've heard temperatures surrounding the roots are most important! I just have a 5 gallon bucket and minor alternative temperature adjustments i.e. mini dehumidifier & two small clip fans for air circulation plus the tent exhaust...RH is at 50-60%, 70 on relative occasions...

• Like Like x 2
  4. them colas will be great when the calyxes start swelling ,reckon the aroma then will by good too ,,,,mac,,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fuck no

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. How does that look? That ain't shitty weed.
    20210718_155149.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. #7 Anonymous710, Jul 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    Dayumm what strain is that?

• Like Like x 1
  8. IMHO, it depends, have had some that don’t smell and others that reek. Now I have noticed the more carbohydrates (maybe?….) I add with the beneficial bacteria I get a lot of terps and smells.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. If you train well, you really don't need a trellis. From the looks of it you did just that. Once they start gaining weight and gansta leaning, you can just tie up some string and hold em up with twist wire by a fan leaf. 20210728_125626_HDR.jpg 20210728_125607_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Trellis are so restrictive. I like to spin and access all areas of my plants.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. It's wild tho how some people can spread their plant across a trellis and manage most if not all branches right before flower and form an entire canopy 4x4 ft with one damn autoflower! It's crazy!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. That one pic is California Dream.
    And it's still young.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Yeah,I always wanted to but it never turns out. There's a guy here named @trojangrower who masters the scrog with a wooden trellis. I remember a plant he did a couple years back that still pops in my head everytime I hear "trellis"

• Like Like x 2
  14. I still work with a trellis, but I also work without a trellis and can just train.
    The last crop I did, I did both. They were grown kinda side by side (close enough), on the same res.
    this plant was with a trellis,
    12 Apr 13 2021.JPG
    i use a plastic trellis; you can get a 4x8 for $30 and then cut to size. My hope in using this kind of training is to try to get 6-8" top buds evenly across, but it doesn't always work that way, and I sometimes lay the trellis 7-10days into transition (ie. 12/12).

but this one I trained without a trellis
    16 May 15 2021.JPG
    this was the harshest part of training
    08 Mar 18 2021.JPG
    it comes down to what kind of genetics and experience with the particular plant strain.

Control the stretch!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. lort -have- mercy...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wow! That's insane! The way u have those branches criss crossing, I would have never, I guess I just need more grows under my belt before I'd feel comfortable with such heavy manipulation of the growth... that's incredible!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I will write up a guide soon to help. The way I trained that last one isn't as intuitive as it looks.

Hey, thanks for the shoutout and compliments guys :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Facts lol I still have trouble bending them like Trojan lol, my issue is I wait to long and they get stiff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Anytime bro, have to give credit when it’s due.

• Like Like x 1
  20. @Anonymous710, here is a mimosa evo with just lst and branches cleaned up, I use coat hangers I get from Cintas lol then when I get em where I want them I blast em with silica for a week or two
    27B1CBF7-3FF8-4A7B-952D-CF965473F7B6.jpeg 77135889-A602-4EF7-936F-A24B0785474A.jpeg C82EA9E4-8728-4D86-99C3-0A34D729C80A.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1