My Amare & Hydroponics Hut - O.C., GG#4 Grow

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Hybridway, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Yeah, they are perfect for any room id say. Their dimensions offer modularity & all their lights have enough intensity to flower cannabis. Whereas I've noticed so many other companies seem to be so caught up in low-current cobs that they struggle in that aspect.
    Can't wait to get my pro-4's

BTW EVERYONE RIU IS GARBAGE in the LED section. Full of people that don't grow & talk mad shit. It's ridiculous really.
    Thank god we have GRASSCITY.
    RIU IS FULL OF FAKERS. DO NOT TAKE ADVICE FROM 1/2 THE PEOPLE THERE.
    BEWARE

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hey hybrid how the density into the canopy as nugs did they get a little softer or were they chucky

• Like Like x 1
  3. The amare is 24 inches like victor recommends and the wicked is 18 inches thanks man just actually harvest today see how thong s turn out

4. Mine were chunky but under the very thick canopy I never did loli-pop. So yeah, under there was messy in soft as it should be in the shade.
    But, my GG#4 colas connected much better then they did in the HPS room. As for the chunkyness, they were good but were longer rather than fatter by means of connection on the colas. Like more growth. But my HPS bud was wider.
    I need to flower more with my Amare to be able to answer deffinetly. But, my buds were all hard down to the trellis & if you look back in this thread you'll see mine grew a good 3' past the trellis, all of which was hard Nug.
    How's yours? I think it will take another grow or two for me to perfect growing with led as it is different then HPS. Especially with the full spectrum. So much more going on activating all plant receptors.
    Harvest today? That's awesome. Me too. Let us know how you made out!
    Looked like well over a plate to me! Good Luck bro!
    I was impressed by my weight. It takes 600-1000watts of HPS to get a pound but is easily done with the 450. I only got 12 oz off 600watts of HPS w/ the GG#4 but got 18+ with the 450.

• Like Like x 2
  5. #285 bsless, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    @Borntogrow Yeah, he just revised that the other day to 20" for better stacking. You can confirm with him. Girls are looking great.

@Hybridway You are absolutely correct. RIU is full of self-interest wanna-be LED experts and trolls who have total disregard for the truth and facts. There's like 4-5 LED company owners along with their trolls that police that forum spreading misinterpreted Googled info and spin to convince ppl to buy their lights. Most seem to spend more time Googling than growing honestly. They also have the most nasty attitude and ego of any forum I've experienced. Funny thing is all of the COB companies there are all doing the same thing with the same chips and drivers, yet all claiming to be the best and most efficient is just nonsense.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Well my did fine a stacking and I talk to amare all time they recommend 24 but you can lower to 20 inches if you needed but not recommended getting par meter soon so I can dial in more and yah hybrid these lights really up their metabolism with all other hormone working like their suppose to I thinking there's definitely a lb there pretty stoked I will be posting gpw with the amare and wicked led I was pull 546 watts from the wall no uv

• Like Like x 3
  7. Harvested my tent last week. Trimming over the next few days. My average yield under a 600 was 12 zips. If i get half of that or more only using 350 watts. Ill be pleased. So far its looking close to half a P...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  8. 6 weeks from seed.

Flipped last night.
    Let's see what this DIY Led can do.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Happy Farms

• Like Like x 3
  9. You putting 2 more COBs in there?
    Healthy plants! Nice!
    Decided the Mars was a waste?

• Like Like x 1
  10. #290 HappyFarmer, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    I am only gonna run the 4 Cobs on this one. For several reasons.

1. Budget. I am a poor farmer lol
    2. Heat. I only run an 4in inline with minimal passive intakes. I am only running 2 degrees above ambient atm and with the Mars in there I jump about 4 more degrees. Putting me in the mid 80's which is no Bueno.
    3. I really want to see what these COBs can do on their own.
    4. After seeing what 216 watts of these can do I can't justify running 175 watts of blurple light haha. Just would be worthless watts imo.

Here is an updated pic from tonight. Water only in my own built soil. I am blown away so far.

[​IMG]

Happy Farms

• Like Like x 2
  11. I think they'll do great. 100 watts a plant in that space. Keep us posted. Nice plants BTW! What strains? Maybe you mentioned it before.
    New strains are exciting to grow. I have all new ones myself to flower n see which will get kept.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #292 Hybridway, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    How you making out with that chunky harvest? looked promising!
    Edit: I just read it. Nice! Looked real crystally!

13. Hey on solar eclipse panels does it suck cool air through side vents and warm air out the top or does it suck the cool air in from the top and now warm air out the side vent

14. In from the top. I'll double check tom but pretty sure.

15. Thanks man. Just hit day 7 of 12/12 and they are going crazy lol

I am running..
    1. Kens GDP.
    2 GrandBubbles ( Nirvana Bubbleliscious x GDP )
    1. Gibberish ( Nirvana Bub x GDP x Dutch passion blueberry )

The Gibbs is a new one for me. The others I have ran. The GrandBubble is really fruity, frosty stuff :)

Happy Farms

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mine pulls cool air from the top and blows them out the sides

17. Just ran across this on utube. The girls under the Amare seem to be praying more than the ones under the Gavitas.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Mine love these Cree Cobs :)

Was just in my room tonight. They are praying hard.

[​IMG]

Happy Farms

• Like Like x 4
  19. Hopes its okay if I drop an update in here.

Day 16 of flower.
    Water only.
    My 4x3 space is officially covered in bud sites :)

My homemade soil seems to be holding strong. And the light...well damn. I never thought 216 watts could do something like this lol

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Happy Farms

• Like Like x 2
  20. Looking good!

• Like Like x 1