My Afghan Kush Ryder (pic) - How much will it yield?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SammySess, Mar 15, 2012.

1. way way to early to tell and even in later weeks of flower only you will know how much u yield... with a scale

2. Update - Hmmmm? I think her buds are growing? Shes getting more resin on her each day i photographed the top kola bud to show its trichs, how does it look to you guys? I think that full feeding kind of affected her a lil bit the very end tips of her leaves are going yellow im going to give her clean water next feeding in 3 days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. start feeding here with water but add 1/2 tsp. blackstrap molasses per gallon of water. Since she only has a month at most the molasses will help break down the unused salts into stuff the plant can use. Plus if you are experiencing nute burn and haven't flushed your soil adding more nutes will only hurt.

My advice is to finish out with straight molasses water and practice the LITFA (Leave It The Fuck Alone) method the rest of the way out. Oh and ike a previous poster get them cfl's within 2-3 inches from her. Cfl's have shit for penetration and are pretty useless after you get them to far away. That's my 2 pennies, be safe.

4. Cool man, ive been feeding her organic molasses and water up until 2 weeks ago i switched to Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy and Iguana juice but ive given her the nutes 2 weeks in a row so im just going to give her water and molasses next feeding.

The lights are definately 2-3 inches from the plant, i just moved her out a bit to take a photo, two warm spectrums one cold spectrum.

I hope she turns out big and FAT! :smoke:

5. #25 EatingMushrooms, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
    It is possible to get a decent yield from cfls. Dont worry too much about havin 6500k bulbs if anything towards the end i would cut down on the 6500 and add more of the 2700 bulbs especially if heat is an issue and you worry about adding more bulbs. Next time try topping it will increase your yield. The leaves will begin to discolor and die at the end of flowering check your nutes and your run off pH. If your pH is fine cut down on then nutes. The hair discoloration dont worry about sometimes it can be a result of heat. She is looking good. And id say she could yield 14+ if you let her go 8 to 10 weeks

6. A.) the light bulb spectrum doesnt matter too much with auto-flowers so get as much in as you call
    B.) CFL yield increased with lst etc... you can get awesome yield with good lighting.
    C.) Increase yield by clipping lower buds to allow the plants to focus on higher colas
    D.) expect a longer flowering time with CFLs - Add a week or two.
    E.) Get them as close to the CFL as possible - around 3-4" is best.

7. Thanks for the info,

When you say clip the lower buds, you mean like, rip them off the stem :confused: lol ?

8. #28 SammySess, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
    Heres an update of my grow setup (clearly not the most organized or safest set up) but im very limited in time/space! Dont mind the other plants u can sort of see in there, that tall one is garlic and some stuff like parsley and chives around it lol

You can see one of the afghan ryders is taller than the other. The taller one has much smaller buds right now but it smells waaaay more potent!

[​IMG]

9. Pretty sure thats not false info, Ive been told not to use CFL for the flowering period, but for the veg.

10. UPDATE

The lower fan leaves on both plants are turning completely yellow and wilting away, going higher up the plant, is this normal? Theyre both growing lots more resin and beginning to increase in size! I noticed on one of the plants the tips of the leaves were going yellow, today was her feeding day so i just gave her lots of clean water, hopefully that will help her out a bit ;)

Oh and i put my LED lights back in there, just to give it a boost!

Check out this kola bud so far :smoke:

[​IMG]

11. #31 SammySess, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
    Hey guys,

Her buds seem to be filling out, getting more thicker and a tiny bit taller

12. wow your plants are looking really good! i think if you took down the too 6500k and put a 2700k for her flowers yeild would be better. I to am using cfls and i am worried a little about my yeild but from what i have read you can get a nice size yeild you just need good bulbs with a mix of 2700k and 6500k(daylight). But i think what ever you have going right now is really working just look at her fat buds!!! for an autoflower those are looking nice i hope mine look that nice!

13. Looking good man

14. Thanks all!

Heres another update, i pulled her out and it looks like her hairs are going orange/brown?! Could this mean shes ready to harvest soon?? Im getting a magnifying glass to check the trichs. The other plant i have going isnt forming as nicely but its buds are so chunky and it has WAAAAAY more crystals - (probably from using pH regulating solutions, the plant was able to take up more nutes, although thats not organic - i want this plant im showing u to be 100% organic :p )

Im thinking her hairs might be going orange because recently ive had to randomly cut the lights for an hour last night and the day before... it could be stress?

You think i could snip off a pre harvest nug and cure it to test her out? hehe

Check it out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Anyone here think i can take a nug now to sample? And if so, how do i take a sample without harming the rest of the plant?

16. anyone? loool

17. i have heard you can do it. i would think the best would be to rip a small bit i heard cutting hurts the plant but im just guessing

18. Better off leaving it until its ready mate. Really healthy looking plants, give the bud a good dry/cure and you will be in for a treat :)

19. Im with action aaron just wait till your chop her and cure her. I ended up smoking 2 grams or so after harvest last year to test the bud and it was alright the high was eh. After a month of curing and drying the high was the kind that made your head tingle and your body limp and within 20 mins you were asleep. From now on I am waiting till after im done curing to touch any of it

20. nice! Thanks for the input,

Her hairs are turning more darker now and her buds are getting a tiny bit bigger, i wish there were more though! lol

Heres how shes looking now:

[​IMG]

You can see her fan leaves are now starting to turn yellow and die off, a good sign shes nearing the end. Hopefully when it sucks up all the nutes from these leaves she will boost her trichome production :D

peace blades