My aeroponic setup

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by DylanLadd, May 29, 2020.

1. I’ve been growing peppers with this setup with amazing results. However, I got smacked with a ridiculous aphid population and scrapped the whole crop and decided to do this solo setup. Figured I’d share my journey with Moon Boots..
    I started with 2 black 5 gallon buckets, one outside the tent, one inside for heat control. I have 4 360° nozzles around the inside bucket. I’m currently using Cultivation Nation (formerly Gringo Rasta) nutrients in the week one phase with hydrogen peroxide added.
    Last night I discovered my first point of failure as the end cap blew off and dumped about 6 gallons of water in the bottom of my tent.
    I am using a crappy 2000w “blurple” light waiting for enough budget to get a spider farm light..

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. If anyone is interesting in following this project, I’ll keep posting.

3. Haha ive done that before with my nft res. Spout blew off the pump and emptied 20L into my attic. Shat a brick lol.
    Generally takes a while ti get eyes on a journal but just talk to folk and youll be busy in no time.
    Hope it works out for ya dude, welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 9FAEECA9-A58B-4C7A-9FA9-3CD229BD1773.jpeg 5E80642E-A6C7-472B-88B2-34DA44C3DB4B.jpeg Overnight growth.

5. Changed out for week 2 nutrients, PH to ~5.7.

6. 39A55F07-5B86-40B6-BFFF-44CF9FDE5B2C.jpeg 82CF0A66-19B7-4A5C-8D8B-D03C40142222.jpeg 6/5 - 6/7

7. F0EA8085-BE68-40D4-8C9C-8E1EF6275BCB.jpeg Rebounding well..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Can you describe your set-up? I just got an aerocloner and love it.

9. Sure, here it goes:
    I have 2 black 5 gallon buckets, one in the tent, one out. A black (I think the size is) 5/8” tube connects them for drainage and another 5/8”. I am using a Vivosun 800gph submersible pump.
    From the pump, the 5/8” tube goes into the tent and has and end cap, and before the end cap it splits off to 4 - 1/4” tubes via push in connectors that are inserted into the bucket about 3/4 of the way up the bucket, evenly spaced around it. Inside they each have a 360° nozzle that provide plenty of coverage to the entire root system. There is a total of 5 gallons of water in the whole system that I vacuum out every time I change nutrients once a week. The lid is a standard 6” basket cup lid filled with clay pebbles. The tent is 4x4, the light is a Higrow 2000w led light that is now spaced 24” above the canopy and has a digital timer set to 18/6 right now.
    The whole thing is quite simple, but very effective so far. As I said in my original post, I was using a very similar setup to grow peppers and they loved it.

10. CBEB250C-7CBF-4E4A-B174-580E07CD1F6A.jpeg Anyone tuned in? She’s 4 weeks old and very happy. About to start some training. Recently added an air conditioner to keep temps and humidity down. I honestly don’t know why anyone would bother growing in soil. It’s night and day difference in growth.

11. Looks good mate. Watch the nute strength though. Looks a little high. I’d be trimming most of those middle leaves out too.
    They grow a lot faster if you can keep light penetrating right through the plant.
    Blurples got shite penetration so you gotta stay on top of it to get the most from them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I know what you mean about the growth too. Much easier just fillin a bucket and leavin em to it eh :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Interesting theory about the nutrients. I’ve been following the recommendations really closely and watching the PPMs, but I’ll try dialing it back and see what I get. I’ll be doing some pruning as a train as well.

14. 9A0F403F-73C8-4E50-B12C-B6F7EF44FE0D.jpeg Trimmed out a bunch of leaves and started training

• Like Like x 1
  15. 6E7CF7D5-D1C1-4BEE-AB21-A11F237BA427.jpeg Update. She’s thriving, even after I snapped a branch off training, you’d never know if. I dialed back the nutes and trimmed a ton of leaves. They’re growing faster than I can take them off.

16. How did it finish?