My addiction to Mary Jane.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by UniqueGrass, Aug 5, 2013.

1. #1 UniqueGrass, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
    tl;dr at bottom, but read first paragraph.

I'll admit, I used to be addicted. I craved weed all the time and would blow through my stash quick everytime I bought it. I would also be anxious w/o weed and extremely irritable at seemingly nothing in particular or really small things (ex. someone talking while watching a show and I get pissed). My memory got worse (wasn't great when I started) and got social anxiety, but that probably wasn't Mary Jane's fault. Defiantly not nicotine, I usually smoked pipes, bongs, GBs.

It may be because I was always chasing my first real high (http://forum.grasscity.com/real-life-stories/1139304-how-i-describe-euphoria-my-first-time-stoned.html), so I was never really satisfied with the feelings I was getting after a month of almost daily use. 4 months into getting stoned once daily, I started to hate Mary, she didn't treat me as nicely as before, so I quit for 5 days and 2 weeks after that first smoke was back to hating Ms. Jane.

So I quit for 3 weeks recently, took a big hit of schwag in a pipe and was high for 45 minutes, not much change in tolerance but noticeable enough and actually enjoyable. I then acquired better weed (good mids), took 3 GB hits and had a very strange high that put pressure on my throat (like weed that gives you a massage, but LOTS more pressure, not much pleasure [may have had too much]), but other than that sensation I was actually enjoying the high and days later got a good high that made me love MJ again.

I analyzed why I smoked in the first place while high. It went from smoking for fun to smoking to escape, make life better, or relieve boredom. This of course increased tolerance, depleted money assets (I don't have a job), and made me feel bad in general. Now, I don't crave weed strongly anymore after quitting for a few days, in fact I don't crave it at all. It may be because I got weed in my system, which balanced me out and made me a happier, more energized person.

I do plan on starting up smoking again, after I get a non drug testing job. BUT I will use in moderation. I think most people lie about marijuana not being addictive, it is, just not as much as other drugs and has no withdrawl except for vivid dreams.

tl;dr: Got a GREAT high first time (http://forum.grasscity.com/real-life-stories/1139304-how-i-describe-euphoria-my-first-time-stoned.html), was chasing it ever since, never really satisfied, but still enjoyable. After 4 months daily use began hating MJ, took a short break and was right back, took a 3 week break, smoked for a week and didn't crave MJ at all after (love it though). Analyzed why I smoked - first fun, later to escape or make life better. Will smoke again after job, but in moderation.

2. That's literally the entire purpose of a T-break, man. 

I think a lot of people on GC smoke every day, myself included. Everyone has different reasons for that, though. It used to be fun for me too, when I started, but today I wouldn't really use that word. I wouldn't say I use it for escapism, though, either. Hell, most of the time I smoke because I'm bored, plain and simple. Weed is just something I use to relax.

That being said, good for you dude. Mary Jane is best when enjoyed in moderation, and breaking the cycle of everyday use leads to a much more fulfilling enjoyment of our favorite plant.

3. I hate when people say weed isnt addictive. Weed IS ADDICTIVE. and i know this firsthand. People who say weed isnt addictive are trying to protect there own actions. Im not saying its crack cocaibe but weed has a mental addiction. You get so used to this mindstate that your in when your high you want it all the time. What i mean is to much of anything is bad for you. When i stopped smoking weed i felt angry all the time and irritated with people. I didnt have trouble sleeping but i had alot more dreams. And i wake up more energized because when i smoked i would wake up stoned. Think of it as just being a plant nothing more. Try to limit your smoking maybe once every 2 days than move upto once every 3 days until you get comfortable.

4. #4 UniqueGrass, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
    When I said make life better, I meant to relieve boredom (edited), most of the time I'd smoke just because I'm bored too, but that wasn't good because I didn't have enough money to do that, if I did, I don't think it would have been such a big problem. Maybe I just didn't have the same weed I had before, which was probably a strong indica.

5. Your acquisition of better weed was buying good mids?

Try dank bro if it's within your means. Better experience.

6. I find the only people who really find cannabis addictive are known to have addictive personalities and almost become infatuated/obsessed with things they like.

With how long I've known Mary Jane, it has never been a problem for me to just up and decided to not blazer for a few months or a year if I wanted to. No symptoms of that choice either. Everyone is different though.

7. I've smoked dank and love it, but I can't afford that shit right now $20/g. But the mids I get from my dealer are always different, but $5 for a gram or 2. It can be brown and seedy or vibrant green, seedless, and taste great, depends on the day I buy it really.

8. I smoke because i like the feeling.of being high. Everything about it, minus the cloudy headed feelings when im coming down. Maybe just need some sativa dominant weed.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #9 SiriusWolff, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013

I'm sorry man but it's not. I smoked an ounce a week for 2 years and i quit cold turkey 3 months ago and haven't had one urge or withdrawal and i dabbed everyday. I made my own edibles and BHO and i was able to happily give it up because i knew it would always be there for me and a tolerance break is great.

Now i withdrawed off of opiates when i was 17 after having many surgeries and let me tell you i thought i was dying and going insane at the same time as i didn't know they were addictive so after 2.5 years of continuous use i quit cold turkey not even thinking about it. 

Weed is a habit and habits are very hard to break and can have phsycial and mental side effects upon quitting but weed is not chemically addicting in anyway it's all mental. Weed addiction = poor self control and priorities simple.

edit: and let me say this there were times i fiended for weed as i used it medically and i would go to some mean lengths to get some more but i will never blame that on weed that was all ME. MY FAULT not buds.

10. Addiction? Hobby*

11. #11 midnittoke, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
    I thought I was addicted because when I stopped I literally didnt eat, sleep, and just felt sick.. Turns out I was sick and weed was helping me keep going. To each his own though. I toke everyday personally

You only think you smoke too much because of societal constructs. You have to smoke to find out what level and amount suits you and that is different for everyone. There are day I don't smoke and there are days I smoke alot. One thing remains the same though.. I go to work, pay my bills, be with family, and toke when I can. Don't be so hard on yourself bro