Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My 7 gram pot brownies recipe (approx 6-7 doses)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by torontotoker, Feb 25, 2011.

1. #1 torontotoker, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2011
    Hello, I would like to share my 7-gram pot brownie recipe with you all. I will try to make the instructions simple, but detailed.

To preface this recipe, a few things first: I am a regular toker -- I smoke about 1 or 1.5 grams a day, usually one-hit bowls in a pipe (for stealth reasons). Like many smokers, I don't necessarily love the *smoking* part of being a pothead. If I could be stealthy about it, I would, but sometimes I just dank too much. This can affect various aspects of my life whether it's family, work, girlfriend, etc...So, recently I've decided to give pot brownies a try, despite many failed attempts in the past.

The recipe calls for 7 grams of pot. I used some high-grade stuff, it smelled like Kush, very potent (I'd say 9 out of 10). This will make approximately 12 brownies, with each dose being 1 to 3 brownies. If you want to make the batch more powerful, I would use 10 grams or more. Some people like to make really potent brownies, but these brownies aren't insanely potent. They will get you about as stoned as smoking a normal amount of pot, but for longer. Don't be afraid to throw your pot in there, I know it seems like a waste sometimes, but it really is more efficient than smoking it, as long as you follow the recipe!

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1/4 cup water
    1 egg
    6-7 grams of good quality bud (as well as any stems, leaves, shake, crystals you have)
    Brownie mix (store bought recipe that calls for oil)

Step 1: Put the oil in a pan, and turn the heat to between very low and medium. Heat up the oil for a minute or two until it is just below simmering. This means you want to see maybe a few small bubbles slowly popping, but definitely NOT sizzling. If you see your oil start to sizzle at any time during the cooking process, then take the pan off the stove for a second and turn the heat down a bit. You don't want to burn the oil, you just want to heat it lightly to release the goodness.

Step 2: While the pan is heating up, grind up your bud if you haven't done so already. I just powdered it in a coffee grinder. Put the ground up marijuana into the pan and mix it around with your spatula. You want to be stirring very regularly (few times a minute) to make sure the weed gets spread around and doesnt burn after sitting in one spot too long.

Step 3: Simmer your oil and weed for at least 25-30 minutes, never letting it sizzle, always maintaining a consistent low level not-quite simmer. I simmered it for about 45 minutes to an hour. You shouldnt worry about burning the weed if the heat is low enough. If you are in doubt, reduce the heat to 1 or 2. The oil will get very hot after a while, despite the low heat, so be careful still.

Step 4: After 45 minutes to an hour, pour the oil through a cheesecloth or fine metal strainer into a container. Let the oil cool down for about 10 minutes. Don't spill it!

Step 5: Assemble your brownie ingredients into a large bowl and have your baking pan ready (grease it with oil or butter or whatever). Mix everything up including the pot oil. Put into your baking pan.

Step 6: Pre-heat your oven. Once that is done, bake for the allotted time, and wait.

Step 7: Make sure your brownies are done, pull them out, let them cool.

Dosage: I am a regular daily pot smoker, but I'm not a heavy heavy heavy smoker or anything. I ate 2 brownies the first time around 4pm, toked a one-hit bowl, and was progressively more and more stoned until midnight. It took until about 7pm to kick in, and from 8pm to midnight I was pretty stoned to the point where I felt like I didn't need/want to smoke anything for the rest of the night. The next day, I took one brownie and smoke a one-hit bowl, and was nicely buzzed for 4 or 5 hours, and then I ate another one, and the same thing, a nice buzz. The day after that, I took 2 brownies and smoked a one-hit bowl around 2pm. The stone fully hit me around 6pm, and I was nice and stoned the rest of the night. I find that smoking a bit of pot just after eating the brownies really helps the high lift off. However this is not necessary. You will be stoned regardless. Also, don't get mad if the high doesn't kick in for an hour, or two hours, or even three hours. For me, I didn't peak until about 3 or 4 hours in, and was stoned for a good 3 hours after that.

Conclusion: I wanted to try brownies because of the stealth factor. Smoking pot was causing me issues at home and at work. I smoke about a gram a day, and with this recipe, it works out to about 1 gram a day anyways. The high is better, lasts longer, and I don't have to deal with the hassle of smoking paraphenalia or the health issues that come with inhaling. I am really happy that I was finally able to make pot brownies work for me, and I hope this recipe can help others.

2. Fucken love you! I jus posted a thread about brownies and you completely answered my question in detail too!
    Thanksss bro!

3. How much does the smell of making the oil stink up the house?

4. 2 replies 1400+ views.

5. Well this is a great first post but now you're going to have to "one up it" from now on every time you post because now it's expected of you.

My first post got me an infraction. Guess who, in this thread, "exceeds expectations" every time they post?

6. Thanks bro, will try out ur recipe on weekend :)

7. Good recipe. thanks man. W

8. Bumping this thread. I have about 7 grams of vaped weed in an otc bottle, going to wait for maybe a gram and a half of dank to put in it and cook brownies, so I'm fighting the temptation to just go ahead and make oil. Been looking forward to this for a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ummm....did you read the OP :confused:

he ate two brownies and had to smoke to get where he needed