My 6ft box build for 1 DWC 5 gallon

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Captain420mmj, Nov 29, 2012.

1. So im building my first hydro system for as cheap as i can. Its 6 feet tall by about 2 and a half feet wide. Its wrapped in contractor bags with 6 cfl bulbs in a small shandalier.(however you spell it) i found in someones trash. :cool: i have a small fan on the bottom bringing air in but no exhaust fan yet. I also have a timer, thermometer, and 9.83watt pump. Next on the buying list is Mylar, 5 gallon bucket, net pot, nutes, and airstone?

Where should i put an exhaust fan, and for the size of my grow what is the correct size?
    Am i missing anything?
    Is there too many lights? (They will be 6 23watt cfl)

Note: In the pics the white bar hanging down just keeps the plastic from getting too close to light. It looks like its connected to the bulb in the one pic.

Let me know if your doing anything like it. could use the ideas!

Attached Files:

2. You could take skip that intake fan at the bottom and just make it an exhaust fan somewhere up top. Air will come flowing in to replace what's leaving, you don't need a fan to make it happen. And there's no such thing as too much light (just keep them back a bit when it's a seedling), only too much heat. If it's not too hot in there than give them all the wattage you can afford.

3. so ive had the lights on for 24 hours with it all closed up and my temp is 68 and it was 64 when i turned them on. should i still worry about ventalation?

4. 68 is well below average temps in the mid 70s that we try for but usually settle for a couple more degrees ;) Youll be adding more light at some point im sure and youll NEED to recirculate the air for CO2 unless you plan on making it inside the tent?

5. what would be a good way to raise temps? could i place a heating pad in there?

6. you can see it rolled up on the second shelf.

7. that could work. Typically we use aquarium heaters. There minimum setting is usually 68

8. A 250w hps/mh would help you with the temp issues, and they arent that expensive. Your definitely gonna want to get some sort of air circulation in there too.