My 30$ first grow. 100watt LED bulbs, TAP WATER and soil.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by YoungEddy, Nov 1, 2019.

1. I'm a huge fan of weed so in May this year i decided to give it a go. It was just a thought, what if it actually works? I wasn't expecting anything great, to be honest i didn't even think the plants were going to survive till harvest. I thought growing weed requires too much knowledge and equipment to be able to do it, but the results were better than i ever hoped. I had a bunch of seeds from random buds i bought and smoked and on May 21st i decided to try and germinate a few. Sure enough, couple days later four seeds popped and i planted them into soil.
    1.jpeg

At that time i was using two small desk lamps and an incandescent bulb so that's why they stretched like that :D
    After doing some research and finding out incandescent bulbs aren't really the best choice i went and bought 5 20watt LED bulbs and some gift wrapping paper to cover my closet's walls.
    During the entire grow i only used tap water and nothing else. I later found out that the tap water's ph was around 7.7-7.8. I didn't used any nutes or anything to at least lower the water's ph.

2.jpg
    ^
    This pic was taken when they were about 4-5 weeks old. You can notice i tried to do some LST to them :D

3.jpg

^
    6 weeks old.

5.png

^
    7 weeks old.

4.jpg

^
    8 weeks old

After about two months of vegging i flipped the switch to 12/12.

6.png

^
    This pic was taken about 2 weeks into flowering.

7.jpg

^
    Two weeks later and they started to develop buds. Two of them turned out to be males.

9.jpg

^
    5-6 weeks into flowering.

10.jpg

^
    7 weeks into flowering.

After flowering for about 2 months as well it was time to chop them.

11.jpg

I let the buds dry for about 7 days and i ended up with... 2.5 OZ of dried bud!!:weed:
    Best part about it is that after curing the buds for about 2-3 weeks they tasted pretty good and the high was more of a sativa dominant high which lasted quite long as well. I ended up smoking everything in 2 weeks :D

Considering what little effort and money (30$ for the lights and soil) i put into it and what shitty conditions i gave them i was thrilled with the result. Now i'm off to my second grow which ill try to do properly this time :roflmao:

Thoughts and opinions guys ?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Hi Nice first grow ,, next time top your plants ...start learning how to train them .
    Strain can play a big role on how one trains there plants

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. you did well using just small lights ,,,next time put a few more in when you put in to flower ,you could double yout crop ,,,mac,,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. great effort but you chopped way to early and that hurt your yield , lots of white hairs on the buds you harvested ... common error as most of us get excited to cut and smoke

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Just goes to show you don't have to get all scientific to grow. I think you did great first time. Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. You did fucking amazing. Imagine what you’re going to pull off when you apply yo self Smokey.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Very nicely done!

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Thanks a lot for the replies guys, i appreciate it!!

• Like Like x 2