My 2nd Grow: X-mas Trees

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deleted member 722897, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Random seed from a Strain at The Cannabis Club Called X-Mas Tree's it was Christmas time when i got the strain and found the seed i Planted it January 10th.i germ'd it for two days, i Just Today Found out it was female on Day:18 of Veg.When she is ready im Going to flip 18/6 to 12/12.

She also is getting redish purple stem's(ph6.5&in Soil5gal pot) i dont know if its because the strain or soil, because my last plant had really red stem's also but the Bud was fine. i havent added any nutes yet until today when i saw the very two little round leaves dying off, The nutes that i have(Floranova Grow) say to "add for the first 7-10 days of the structural growth" than switch to floranovabloom which i have. I put nutes at 1/4th strength added 3.75ml of Super B+ which i could also use to foliar feed with added ph down because my sink water's ph is 7.5-8.0.

Im using 4x23w cfl's 2x40w fluorescent long bulbs 1x26w Cfl on the side giving it extra light total wattage:198w exact not equiv.

So all and all How Does She Look So Far ? :D

Sent From My Droid, Grown Tree's Blowin Tree's

Attached Files:

2. I'm new at this. Just planted my first 2 germinated seeds yesterday. Your plant looks great! Good luck.

3. Looks good and healthy. Keep up the good job Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Thank you. Im pretty sure yours will look great too, lighting is the most important thing i thought i needed a $1000 setup to grow good medicine, but here i am with only $200 invested(nutes,pots,soil,lighting,ph kit) What strain are you growing? Good luck to you also :D

5. Thank you, i will try to keep it up :)

6. Im growing mob from rcmc. I had a problem with my tab water. I had to switch to ro water. After I did that they took off again. We thought it was nutrient burn. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. "Mob"? What was wrong with the tap? If i may ask. Im using tap water the ph of it is around 7.5-8 i use ph down,maybe thats why im getting red stems because of tap water im not sure. My last plant had nutebrun pertty bad and red stems too. I also got the seeds from the same dispensary they are usally indicas so im not sure if its just the soil or strain. Because the soil(Aurora organic) i have has a ph of 3.0 so i flush the soil until i get the ph to 6.5, atleast thats what i did with this one but its still getting red stems so it might be the strain, the temp is around 65-75F iLive in cali so it dosent get too cold indoors.

8. Im not sure whats wrong with my water but I know they wasnt reacting well to it after a few test. I cant remember what causes red/purple stems. Have you checked your run off yet to see what your ph is? If it lowers below 6.5 try to get it back up. Next time you get soil with that low of ph get some lime and use that instead of ph up. It buffers much better then ph up IMO.. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. If you notice your leaves are turning yellow then you could have nutrient lock out from a low ph.Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. What was happening to the plants ? Just yellowing leaves and discoloration like nute burn? Hmm maybe it was just your tap then, cause they seem to like it besides the red stems. No yellowing of the leaves or anything but it could happen if i dont watch out. but if i do change water which one would be best ? The redish/purple stems come from it begin to cold,deficiency's,ph,nutes im not sure if the soil causes purple stems or it could just be the strain. New growth isnt infected but i see little bits of red going up the stem. I just started nutes yesterday so it couldnt have been that. The ph stays at 6.5 so not that either. Only temp,soil&water Left, the temp seems fine the soils ph was 6.5 when i put the seed in to soil, so maybe it could be the tap water.

11. I dont think id worry to much over red stems. A LOT and I mean alot of plants do that.. I think the cold and either a low or high N or K will turn your stems red too. But dont go try to fix it because it could be just the plants dna to do that. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. heres the link to my last plant she was sick but turned out good <a class="bbc_url" href="http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1259652-Still-!-Somebody-help,-She's-Sick">http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1259652-Still-!-Somebody-help,-She's-Sick</a>

13. yeah im not going to worry about it too much or mess with it cause i could shock it or make it worse im just gunna let her do her thing. How do you know how much K or N you need ? Do they have an optimum level or does it depend on the plant?

14. Ill be honest ive only ever grown outside for 10 years but in that 10 years I was reading on how to grow inside. This is my first indoor grow sonim limited on the advice. When I grow outside I givenmy plants limited attention because its illegal here and you cant be sern by them. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. When I feed I go by the box and I most likely will alway go by the box. I mix different for veg to bloom Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Yeah she was skinny asf, i got about 20 grams or more but i lost 10 to mold i put it in the jar way too soon i chopped the top cola off cause it was causing the whole plant to lean over i lost it to mold :( but heres the part i did manage to save since i threw about 10g of moldy weed away.

Attached Files:

17. #18 GOLDENBOY, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    Yea you did good for yourself. Youll turn out to be a good grower. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. You have potential Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Damn ive seen them get up to 11ft i actually seen a few guys on here with threads showing them, there fucking huge! Is it better to grow outside or inside? because i mean no light will match the sun but then you worry about bugs and all of that also if you live in a state where its illegal it makes it so much harder cause you never know whos watching, 10 years of reading should be enough reading haha ive only been reading for about 2 yrs theres so much knowledge on it ill never be done people are figuring out new shit everyday.