My 2nd Grow, but 1st Time Growing Autos

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 918AutoGrower, May 15, 2018.

1. Add your medium, your nutes, your seed bank, tent brand, lights, just add every tag you can think of, when people search those terms they will find your grow. Also don't be afraid to say check out my grow once in a while!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well, I fed them again today. I'm getting better at guessing which nutrients and how much to give them, because I've noticed good, new healthy green growth on all 3 plants. I made a ton of mistakes earlier in my grow, but have also made a lot of needed corrections. I tried to identify the new growth below. I tried to color correct the images the best I could so you can see what I see.

And I had a little fun with the other 3 images lol

The Purple Bullet has SO many tops. I realize that most of them won't be huge tops, but at least I managed to get the popcorn buds to come up to the top of the canopy. The flowers look droopy, I know. I couldn't tell you why that is. It has been like that ever since it started flowering. It's forming some nice trichomes now. I'll get some closeup pictures of the trichs next.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Quick update. I'll be feeding all three of my ladies this evening. I finally bought some Gnat Nix and some yellow sticky pad thingies to get rid of the fungus gnats. I thought I had them under control, but when I water / feed, and the plants start to drain, they come flying out and I try to spray them with some garden bug killer stuff I have that doesn't damage the plants. I don't spray the plants with it though. I don't see how the Gnat Nix will work if the fungus gnats are coming and going through holes in the sides of my containers. Oh well.

[​IMG]

On a separate note, The Opium strain that I have started is a photoperiod feminized strain that I got from GYO Seedbank (love that Swedbank!). The breeder is Paradise Seeds, and I think they have a pretty good reputation. It should be a good grow. I will veg it June, July, August, and part of September, and then let it flower outside once the fall weather kicks in. It will be my first (partial) outdoor grow.

Also, my Purple Bullet strain is flowering nicely, and the buds are forming nice and dense. These quantum board LED grow lights are the shiznit! They really do grow nice thick dense buds. It is starting to form some trichomes, so I did my best to take some closeups of the trikes.

I plan on harvesting these after almost all of the trichomes turn amber. That's all for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Since it was showing severe signs of nutrient deficiency from overfeeding, I gave my purple bullet a really good flush last night with 10 individual gallons of pH'd water, each containing 5ml of HG FloraKleen....just trying to get the salt buildup out of the soil so I can finish this grow with a soil medium that isn't full of nutrients that I never should have put in the soil.

My purple bullet definitely seems to be perking up today, and the buds definitely swelled overnight....like.....they noticeably swelled up. So, I am optimistic about my purple bullet fully recovering from the lockout.

TBone has been helping me with this issue, and he suggests feeding on the alkaline side for a few days until the soil pH balances out. On the 10th and last gallon of pH'd R.O. water with FloraKleen last night, I was able to get a runoff of 6.28, which is much higher than what it was at the beginning of the flush. The runoff wasn't completely clear — it was still on the amber side, but again....much better/clearer compared to the runoff from the first gallon of water I ran through it.

So, I'll be watering / feeding with pH'd water closer to 7.0 - 7.3 for the next week probably....just trying to get the soil pH to stabilize closer to the middle at 6.5.

On a side note, I found these little stackable metal trays in my shed, and they fit perfectly in my grow tent. It gets all of my containers off the floor and will allow me to insert a catch tray underneath it so I can water my plants without removing them from the tent, which is what I've been doing. All in all, everything is looking up.

Getting all of my gallons of pH'd water with GH FloraKleen ready for the flush.

[​IMG]

Getting ready to flush this bitch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She is looking better this morning! The flush took like 3 hours, and it was hard work, but well worth it if it saved my girl.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. I decided to get a portable air conditioner to cool my grow space instead of relying on my central A/C do keep temps down in my grow tent. I was having to run my thermostat at 68 degrees, which isn't good because my utility bill is going to be waaaaay too high when it starts getting super hot outside. Hopefully I'll be able to just cool the laundry room where my grow tent is and not have to run some conduit or dryer vent tubing directly from the A/C to the tent's intake. I guess we'll see. I just got it hooked up. The A/C exhaust is connected to a Y-splitter that is joined with my exhaust fan that is piped to the outside in the same location as my clothes dryer.

This is the portable A/C unit I purchased from Home Depot: LG Electronics 8,000 BTU (5,500 BTU,DOE), 115-Volt Portable AC w/ Dehumidifier Function and LCD Remote in White-LP0818WNR - The Home Depot

It is an 8,000 BTU air conditioner, which is PLENTY of cooling power for that little space.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. How cold does it get ?️looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

7. It gets very cold, but I don't like that the A/C blows the air up because the intake on my tent is very close to the floor on the bottom of the tent. I'm thinking about returning the LG air conditioner and getting one that has adjustable louvers which will allow me to point the direction of the cold air down towards the floor and in the direction of my tent's intake.

8. Have you measured temp

@ I love growing weed

9. My purple bullet has recovered nicely from nutrient lockout (thanks to TBoneShuffle’s help)! She is fattening up nicely and the buds are getting VERY dense. I haven’t fed or watered her since I flushed her several days ago.

She has so many tops....I’m really hoping she ends up giving me over an ounce. 1.5oz would blow my mind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trichome production seems to be going well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just a short update today.

Since I have found out that my Jack Herer and Blueberry plants are in fact NOT autos like they were supposed to be, I have decided to continue to veg them out a little bit longer.

Since my HLG 260 I’m using is more than capable of covering every inch of the tent I’m currently growing in, I am going to buy a larger tent (36” x 36” x 73”) so I can continue to veg out the two NON-Auto plants mentioned above as well as move forward with growing 2-3 C4 Autos that I have been planning on growing next anyway.

I see no point in tossing the Blueberry or Jack Herer since they are healthy and are doing well. Plus if they veg longer, the eventual harvest will be massive!

I didn’t plan on having a large grow space, but since I did recently purchase an 8,000 BTU portable air conditioner to help with keeping my temps down closer to 74ish, it wouldn’t be difficult to upgrade to a bigger sized tent so I can grow more plants at one time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Just a quick update.

After much deliberation, and speaking with the seedbank, it has been determined that the Blueberry Auto and the Jack Herer Auto that I've been growing are NOT autos. The seedbank sent me regular photoperiod seeds. Not a huge deal, but it does explain why they haven't started flowering LMAO

So, I have decided to continue to veg them for a few more weeks so they can get extra bushy, and I'll be installing a SCROG in a few days after I chop the Purple Bullet Auto, and then I'll finish the blueberry and the Jack Herer under the SCROG.

I have started a new photoperiod strain called Opium from Paradise Seeds. She seems to be doing very well. I purchased this strain because a friend of mine (an outdoor grower) wanted a high yielding strain to grow this fall. So, I told him to pick a strain and I would order the bean and veg it for him. He chose opium. So, I'll be vegging this strain for several months, and then it will go to Mike's house to finish when September gets here. It will be a MASSIVE plant. I am expecting nothing less than 1.5 lbs from the Opium plant. It will also be vegging in a different tent (24" x 24" x 48") that I have. I just haven't set it up yet because I don't have an exhaust fan or carbon filter. I'll be vegging it using the Amazon LED light and the Roleadro COB 400watt light that I have. The Opium strain is growing in Coco Loco amended with extra perlite and some additional worm castings.

I know that the Purple Bullet Auto should be much, much larger than it is. I royally screwed up this plant because it is my first auto, and I didn't know what the hell I was doing. If it weren't for TBone Shuffle, the plant would be dead altogether. So, I'm thankful that at least I have what's left of the plant. It's more of a bonsai tree. Mr. Miyagi would be proud.

Also, I returned the LG 8,000 BTU portable air conditioner to Home Depot yesterday and purchased a different one from Wayfair.com, and it should arrive on Monday. REALLY looking forward to getting that A/C in. Hotter temps are on their way, and it's getting more challenging keeping my grow space under 80 degrees...especially when I am doin laundry and I have to run the clothes dryer.

Enjoy the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Well, now that I know that my blueberry and my Jack Herer are actually photos, I'm able to feed them like they need to be fed. I've been feeding them as though they were autos, which is why they are only 1/2 the size that they should be at this stage. Oh well — at least they are healthy.

I am now having to feed them every day because the soil is drying out at the end of each 24hr period after I water/feed. TBone suggested that I transplant into 7-gallon containers which is what I am going to do. This will allow them to go 2-3 days after each feeding instead of having to feed every day. So, I ordered some 7- gallon square fabric pots, and they are on the way.

The opium strain is a photo as well, and will be going into a 5-gallon square container with Coco Loco and a supersoil concentrate that I'm going to try out which is similar to KindSoil. It is ready for transplanting also.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The purple bullet is a sad sight. I made so many mistakes with this plant. I allowed way too many tops to develop, and the food and energy was evenly distributed among more than 30 tops. So, I have a few medium sized colas, and a ton of small popcorn buds. It's disappointing, bu I won't make this mistake again while doing LST on autos.

At any rate, she should be finished and ready for chopping in 20 days or less. I'll start checking trichomes in a few days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Woohoo! My new portable A/C just arrived. Say hello to lower temperatures in my grow space baby!!

[​IMG]

14. Just an update today. The purple bullet is very close to being finished. I checked trichomes yesterday, and don't see any amber trikes yet. Most are cloudy with a few clear ones. Her buds get bulkier every day! I thought she was going to yield next to nothing, but in the last week, she has really fattened up! Her buds are SUPER dense....I mean rock hard (that's what she said).

[​IMG]

My Jack Herer is doing really well. I got rid of some of the lower nodes in an attempt to produce a more even and round canopy. One of the mistakes I made with the purple bullet was to try to get every node to come up to the top and become a top cola. With autos, this is a mistake since they only have a certain amount of time to pull this off. But with photos, if you want to veg for months and months, you can do this. I don't want to veg my Jack Herer for months and months, so I got rid of some of the lower nodes. Plus, I read in a few places that the colas that make up the canopy need to have some space between each other, which is what a SCROG net helps you achieve. It's difficult to get that spacing between the colas if you try to develop too many tops. Then, I re-LST'd her, and she is looking much more symmetrical now.

[​IMG]

I purchased some Recharge from Amazon, which is basically a fancy compost tea which encourages micro and macro living bacterias in the soil which help balance pH and clean the roots among other things. I gave the purple bullet and the Jack Herer some Recharge, and they perked right up. I did notice that the purple bullet fattened up big time 2 days after I gave her some of that Recharge. I think I'll be working that Recharge into the final weeks of all of my plants just before harvest....at least the ones I am not growing in a supersoil...because supercoils already have all that stuff in the soil anyway.

[​IMG]

You'll notice that one of my plants is missing. I gave the blueberry to a friend of mine who is an outdoor grower. He is going to finish my blueberry outside in his garden, and we are going to split the yield. I needed to get rid of one plant in order to make room for my next grow which will start as soon as I harvest my purple bullet. Here is a link to my next grow where I'll be growing 3x C4 autos from Fast Buds.

15. I thought I would try to upload a short video that I took with my phone. Let's see if this works.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. The purple bullet is really starting to sugar up....lots of glistening trichomes on the bottom of the main colas....working their way up towards the tip, and also on the sugar leaves, which I was really hoping to see!

The buds are nice and dense — harder than I thought they would be.

[​IMG]

And she is finally starting to get her purples! I can see the purple color beginning to creep in. It’s beautiful - it really is! I just want to sit here and stare at it. Lol

But I have work to do, so enjoy the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Fed my purple bullet this morning. Gave her:

1. 6ml / gallon blackstrap molasses
    2. 6ml / gallon Advanced Nutrients BLOOM
    3. 4ml / gallon Fox Farms Tiger Bloom

She isn’t quite ready to start flushing. I anticipate in about a week I’ll start flushing her and move towards final chop. It’s been a long time since I harvested cannabis. I need to buy a drying rack and dehumidifier. I suppose I’ll just use one of my small grow tents to dry her out.

The Jack Herer is vegging nicely under my HLG 260 watt quantum board in 3000K. She is showing explosive signs of growth and is filling in nicely. By the time I put her into flower, she should completely fill up my 3 x 3 tent with a SCROG (which I still need to build). I’m hoping she’ll be a monster!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I added my Roleadro 400watt COB grow light as supplement lighting for my purple bullet. She really seems to love the additional spectrum of light. I really like that light. For $70, you really can’t beat the value for what you get, and she only adds 1 degree increase in temperature.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Looking good to me!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thank you sir

Current Autoflower Grow

New 3x C4 Auto Grow