My 2nd Grow, but 1st Time Growing Autos

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 918AutoGrower, May 15, 2018.

1. What’s that black grate under your plants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

2. lol I knew someone would ask me about those. They are plastic shelves that break down. A lot of people use them in their garages. A guy on my street threw his away one day and I stopped as I was leaving my neighborhood and grabbed it! I've been using it in my utility room, but then when I purchased the new 5 x 5, I knew I needed to get my fabric pots off the ground, and it just happened to be the size I was wanting to do. I wanted to leave a little room on the right and left sides so I could get in their to water and train my plants without difficulty. Those shelves just happened to be the exact size that I needed.

I broken them down and cut the legs so they would only be 5 inches tall and I could easily slip my drain pans under the whole thing.

This is pretty much what they are: http://a.co/d/31qHQ9Y

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nice thanks
    I have a nice drain tray
    But I like that, raises them a little, and the flow thru, that’s what I want. Can you slide buckets around on it easily

@ I love growing weed

4. Yes. It works very well.

I don’t like putting my pots on the floor. If you water to runoff, fabric pots will sometimes wick up the runoff and it’s hard to see how much flows through your pots. Plus I feel like you get better oxygen flow to the roots when they’re elevated like that instead of on the floor.

In my other tent I used these stackable metal shelves. They work good too.

[​IMG]

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 1
  5. I am there
    Yes the air flow, sweet
    I’m getting some fabric bags
    Excellent. Thanks so much

@ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  6. I wish I had more of these Jack Herer Autos. I think I'll pick up some more of these beans. This is a great little auto! I can tell the colas are going to be nice and dense.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Aaaaaaaaand here is the rest of my Jack Herer (photos). I've never grown a strain (auto or photo) that sugared up so fast during flower. She is really frosty. I've been using Flower Fuel for the first time, as well as using a dehumidifier for the first time. The combination of both is definitely a game changer.

This will be the last time I take my plants through flower with the lights I'm currently using (HLG-260 and a 240 watt QB light that I built). I ordered 8x QB-132's in 3500K as well as 2x of the new Elite V2s. I'm hoping it will be what I need to take things to the next level. I haven't decided what drivers I'm going to use just yet. I still need to buy materials to build a substrate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Just a quick shot of my new grow space. I am extremely impressed with how these plants are vegging under this new T5 light. I've only vegged under LED before, so this is a nice change. One thing I have noticed is that the T5 runs a little warmer than my LED grow lights do, and I have to open up the tent during the hottest part of the day in order for more cool air to circulate, otherwise temps can get higher than 85. I will say that I'm seeing the most rapid growth when temps are in the low 80's, so I'm okay with them staying there as long as I don't see any kind of heat stress or anything. I did raise the light a little higher than I originally wanted to, but that's okay cause I'll probably get some stretch which is what I want.

[​IMG]

9. I guess I didn't have super high hopes for this Jack Herer auto from GYO genetics. I shop for seeds on GYO's website, and I have grown their genetics before, but you typically don't associate GYO with great strains. But the more I grow GYO's genetics, the more impressed I am. I wish I had germinated more of these beans, but I only had one. I can't wait for her to finish so I can provide a smoke report.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2

10. Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

11. My jacks are putting on some weight finally. Some of the colas are really starting to get thicker and denser. No airy fluffy stuff.

I got all my water ready for the week. I am so glad I got my dehumidifier, because it gives me a water source. I was spending quite a bit on water filters and/or gallons of RO water. Since I'm growing in supersoil, it's best to find a clean water source that is already in the correct pH range. In order to do that with my tap water, I've been going through Zero Water filters like crazy especially since I added another huge tent. So, after I got my dehumidifer, I get 5 gallons of 10-15ppm super clean condensate every 28-30 hours. You can't use the water like that because there is literally nothing in the water. So, if you try to adjust pH after adding anything to the water (Recharge, Flower Fuel, Mammoth P, etc.), it's difficult to control the pH because there is nothing in the water to buffer the pH. So what I do is fill my 1-gallon jugs with 60% dehumidifier condensate and 40% tap water that has been sitting out for 24 hours or more. The minerals in the tap water give me the pH buffer I need to modify pH while keeping the ppm very low. It has saved me hundreds of dollars in water filters and RO water in gallon jugs! I know that some of you will say this is a horrible idea, but I've been doing this for almost 2 months now and it is working awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jacks are looking on point! Bet that room is stinkin.

I don't think the combination of tap and condonated water is a bad idea. I just use tap water run through a Boogie Blue hose filter. Also, Instead of individual gallon jugs, I use those 5 gallon blue water cooler jugs you can get at the grocery store. That's way I don't have to fill so many. Just an idea.

Keep it up man!

13. Awwww man that's a GREAT idea! I think I'll pickup a couple of those bigger jugs.

14. Wassup with your grow brother.. got a link tobyour journal??

I was about 4 days ahead of you with my bluebberry auto plant.. you commented on my post & included a pic of your seedling.. hows it been going since then

Is she still alive??

15. Alive and well. Here is the link:

Growing Like There's No-Till-Morrow

• Like Like x 2
  16. I see you are a AR 15 or 10 fan?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Man i got stuck on the link of building that grow room.. good read thanks.. nice job

18. Nice grow.. im thinking if growing jack herer strsin on first thing after the new yr.. planning on germinating my seed to plant & hope for her to be born on Jan 1st if i plan this acouple days ahead correctly.. but yea i hear only god things about this strain.. nice green buds nice job

19. JACK HERER AUTO UPDATE

I am very excited to harvest this plant. Again, short and fat...one of these days, I'm going to grow an actual TALL plant. Oh well. Anyway, she looks beautiful, and I'm checking the trichomes every day. She still has some clear ones, and at 82 days total, I think she still has another week maybe. The breeder says that she has an 8-10 week flowering cycle. So, I'm at the low end of that now (30ish days of veg + 8 weeks of flower = 86 days). Basically, she should be ripe between 86 days and 100 days. Once I see some consistent amber-colored trichomes, I'll cut her down.

She does have some amber trichomes, but there are still a good amount of clear trichomes. I often see amber colored trichomes near the top of the plant that is closest to the light....almost like they have been "cooked" a little bit. I need to see amber colored trichomes down towards the lower part of the buds before I chop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. JACK HERER PHOTO UPDATE

I thought I had more time until my Jack Herer photoperiod grow is completed. I thought I had like 4 weeks left, but I really only have like 2 left. So, I have started to slowly cut nitrogen out of the feeding schedule, and I'll be switching to bloom booster (liquid KoolBloom 0-10-10) and some CaliMagiC. I've never cut nitrogen towards the end of flower, so this should be a good experiment. I'll only be doing this on the mother, of course, because the 6x clones are in supersoil so I can't really give them any nutrients. They have everything they need until they finish.

They bud sites are really looking good, but need to fatten up considerably in my opinion. They better, anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]