My $200 set up

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Blizake, Nov 25, 2012.

1. #1 Blizake, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
    So here is the deal. I'm currently at school and the only piece that is mine is a dragon lite vaporizer :( but that's not the point. The point is I want a bong. And here is what I want in one: for some reason I decided I want a straight tube, and I want a smallish piece (14" max), ideally I would build it for $100-$150 but I was trying to be realistic with $200. Anyways this is what I have thus far:
    EHLE 250mL straight tube (with ice pinches!)
    I heard this was a good tube for the price and it's big enough volume wise with still being concealable. But I can't I can't find the ice pinch version anywhere!!!

SSFG mini inline precooler/ash catcher

Then after that I wanted to upgrade the downstem, problem is it's been so long since I've hit a bong that I don't remember if I hit it tilted or vertical. And only reason this matters is I've heard the Alex k is better if it sits vertical in water and the sovereignty glass gridded is better for diagonal:

Pictures should be in order, I can't figure out how to format on my phone. But I wanted to knows y'all's input!! And if you think I could get a better set up for the price! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Personally I'd aim for a single chamber with some sort of inline perc. ACs and upgraded downstems look fancy but it's a pain in the ass to keep everything clean and is a much more easily broken setup. At $200 you have some nice options.

Not that that setups bad. As far as how you hit a bong, grab a ruler or something and pretend to light it and see how you hold it. Personally, with a straight tube I hold it relatively straight pretty much no matter what, unless I'm suuuppeerrr faded and too lazy to sit up, whereas with a beaker I much prefer to have it tilted.

I'd grab the SG downstem just because it's not as peculiar about how it's hit to function properly.

3. Are you going to be vapor bonging or just smoking?

4. for $200? Apix designs
    nuff said

5. I just ordered one it got here yesterday, i am super happy with it

6. There's a sgw waffle v2 for sale for 200 if you'd be willing to buy from a third party

7. I used to own the EHLE 250ml and it was a great bong. Not sure how it would handle an ash catcher though, I'd worry about it tilting over. I had a glassmandoll showerhead diffy in mine (14/14). I'm pretty sure the SG gridded is only available in 14/18, so would not work with the 250ml. If you are on a tight budget I'd suggest holding off on the AC until you've had the tube for a while and feel the need to upgrade.

8. Sorry guys it's been a while. That's interesting. I didn't realize I was using the wrong size lol. I think I'm going to look for a single perc tube. And get the diffy.

9. Thanks for y'all's replies!

10. PM sent

11. If you decide to buy a different piece why not get a ssfg hybrid stemline with a DD slide and ashcatcher.

12. Yes. This. I'm looking

13. Hit them up. They will work in your budget and usually get you a sick piece at a good price!

14. #14 SsYyNn, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2012
    Here's my set up, cost under $200, and I Believe it is one of the nicest setup's for under $200.. It's a apix mini stemline to gravlab showerhead a/c with a ice pinch slide. Both chambers completely stack to the top:p and its completely dragless. This setup also allows to just use the tube, I wanted tons of flavor, or I could even use it as a rig since it's so small.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjZDiBlRUFY&feature=plcp

[​IMG]

15. My setup $192 shipped

image-3479523863.jpg

16. Apix or ssfg are the only 2 id get in that price range. I love my apix stuff personally

17. Joel Halen has amazing options in that price range
    grabbed this huge bubbler for just under 200
    [​IMG]

18. Ive been wonderin what the bub in your sig was :p

Time to go huntin :devious:

19. If you could get some extra cash... lol

Rooster Apparatus.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF2KWpz8dng]Gritted Disc - Dave Goldstein - FYA - YouTube[/ame]

The Rooster Apparatus Micro Can is $350 and its fuckin DOPE lol

20. I wish I knew where to send people to buy his pieces! Not even sure I've seen them for sale anywhere online.
    Make a road trip to Omaha Nebraska and hit up borohouse glass haha, pretty sure they have every Halen prodo piece