My 2 week old seedlings, need advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by d8harrisd, Jan 19, 2012.

1. :hello: hello everybody,
    this is my 2nd atempt at growing and it dont look good. i have 3 plants, 2/3 weeks into veg, 1 seems to be ok (ish) and the others seem to be going bad, heres some pics of my grow. i am using 3 150W TURBO NEONS with reflectors in my closet, they were in peat and i have just repotted them from there plastic cups into organic compost, is there anybody out there that could help me please? i tried to call DR greenthumb but he doesnt reply lol so you lot have got your chance now

Attached Files:

2. what's you PH? Are you using Nutes?

i see no drainage meduim on your surface soil, what's your soil mix?

it could literally be one or more of a few thing

overwatered
    high ph
    nute burn
    not enough drainage

any of those can cause that kind of damage you are seeing

3. i have no idea what the ph is, i have no kit to test and not much money but i use bottled water and the ph of that is 6.8, as for soil... horse shit, sheep shit, chicken shit and peat, just a bit of this and that tbh lol as for drainage i have gravel in the bottoms of the new bigger pots and holes and i had cut holes in the bottoms of the plastic cups, nutes... finest duch quality, certified organic bio-grow NPK 8-2-6 (liquid nutes) mixed 1ml for every litre. every other feed has nutes, i was giving the 3 pipetes(15ml) of water once or twice a day, depending on the dryness of the soil, could this have been under watering???

4. probably a combination of nutes and maybe over watering. twice a day seems like a lot, but i never sprout in dixie cups

5. recomendations ??

6. i'd stop all nutes and try to get a proper PH test kit, they are mega cheap, you can find them for a low as 3 bucks. you could add some superthrive which is a root stimulant. i like to use liquid karma which can be used from seedling to flower.

when you transplant them, make sure you have a "middle" drainage medium mixed into your soil, like perlite. gravel at the bottom is good, but you need drainage from the whole pot

i'd let them get pretty dry as well, dry to the point if you can stick your pinky into the soil to the first knuckle and it's still damp, don't water

7. im not feeling the need to badly for a root stimulant, maybe later to see if it would make a big difference, but for now they have a nice root, they filled those cups out pretty nice, a stupid question but what do you think about the droopy leafs??

in my last attempt the leafs were droopy to and they just dried up from the bottom upwards. but i have changed seeds for some feminised from the sensi seed bank and it was in the loft before and it was freezing, so i have changed the place i grow where it is much warmer and the plants seem to be much stronger but i am worried about that plant that is ill

8. and as for a ph test i want to get an electronic ph probe, but as with everything its money and having the spare cash in the bank

9. any other thoughts???

10. i would just let it dry out and stop giving it nutes, then just give it water

11. it has been 3 days since i have changed pots and watered, the plants aren't drooping anymore but i think its allmost time to water again, maybe another day, im going to go 4/5 feeds without nutes and then depending on the state of the plants, try again but with very small quantities of nutes, is this a long enough period to leave it without nutes if im watering every 3/4 days???

12. also a LIGHTING QUESTION...

my lights are just ove 6 inches from the plant, drop it down or not?? how far is best??

13. i would stop nutes for at least a week, maybe two

you can have fluorescent tubes almost touching the plant without it hurting anything. that's the upside to them, they produce almost no heat so the light can be insanely close to them

14. heres just a quick update..... watered today but bare minimum waterage, still no ferts, is this good growth for the time they have been going??? allmost a week after i took those last pics....

Attached Files:

15. 5 days to be exact

16. your plant looks good my dude... how old is your plant? mine is 11 days old, check it out at the bottom!

17. will check out your thread, and my plants are 3 weeks old

18. they look much better now

19. what the hell is a turbo neon lol?