My 2 Closet Led System complete for $1200 Comments please.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 2EvilOne, May 1, 2010.

1. [FONT=&quot]Welcome comments.
    This is my ruff design, of 2 side-by-side closet design. Closets already in place.
    I will implement a sort of continuous flood and drain with 2 " net pods and hydroton for a sea of green operation.

[/FONT]

Attached Files:

2. Wow. Just wow. :hello:
    That's a completely fantastic cab you got there. Hands down. It looks like it'll work pretty fantastically, really no doubt about it.

Just a few comments/reminders..

The sea of green will probably take some tweaking and playing around with, but I doubt you'll be unhappy with the results at all. Worth the time, more so in my opinion than most other options. When you can of course.

Closed cabs still need moving air around, especially in the blooming chambers. You can even grab a few $6 4" fans from walmart. They pull about 2w or so each and keep things moving. Or some pc fans are better cfm, if you trust your wiring skills.

Many people tend to augment their led grow with some cfls or other fluorescents.
    Plants growth nodes can get easily blocked out under leds. It's mainly due to the more precise directionality of the leds. With most ufos the led's light dispersion angles are usually 60 or 120 degrees directly down. Whereas the light from a common bulb comes out in all 360 degrees, hence the need for a reflector to redirect still usable light.

An idea I've been working on: A few single 12" T5 lights to hang throughout your bloom grow, on daisy chains. The mylar walls will take care of the lack of reflector, and the tubes stay cool, especially in a good breeze.
    Sun Blaze T5 Strip Light - 2ft

One last tidbit. On the leds, for bloom: make sure the leds hit the 630 and 660 nm peaks. Or if you're feeling adventurous.. try out the ufos with the added HO White leds from CREE. They're pretty awesome.

Sorry for the lengthy feedback.. Hope that helps. Stoned haha. :smoking:

3. I like it. But I don't know anything about Led lighting, so i'm no help really.

4. bebop420, thanks for the positive feed back. Its appreciated, along with the link to the great looking T5's! Ching-Cha-Ching! I like saving some dollars!:hello: