My 2 cents on healthcare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MrLanky, Sep 13, 2009.

1. No, I'm saying that any provisions, measures, policies, or laws passed have all been affected by the corruption. Corruption has set the tone of modern US politics as it has been institutionalized into it's policies and procedures over the course of a century. That means that no matter how pure hearted and well intentioned you are, if you work within the system, you're highly likely to fall into the trap of corruption, consciously, or unconsciously, intentionally, or unintentionally.

2. You're damn right, I'm all for my constitutional rights! You're agreeing with a guy who is taking away my rights, forcing me with vaccinations and willing to kill me with experimental drugs. I'm sorry you've paid 100k in the last 10 years, my parents pay 100k every year. I'd be able to go to a fancy school, get a better education, have time with my family, and a hell of a lot more time with them if they didn't work every year just to pay for other people.

You wanna complain how hard the poor has it, cause i quite frankly don't give a fuck. The middle class is the ones who are fucked over by the government yearly, they are the ones who are treated as if they are rich and have almost a half of their paycheck taken away, while millionaires face the same tax which is a hell of a lot smaller to them.

I'm sorry i'm greedy and only care about myself, my parents came from dirt poor, dirt poor, kicked out at age 18 with no money, no schooling other than public education, and a baby on the way. They went to college in the night, raised me when they had time, go a lot of babysitters, but they made the American dream. I never had the American childhood, that's for damn sure, and for most of it we were poor. Now we start making it in the middle class, go for high middle class, but its a cycle you'll never break. How can you save any money you're making when they are taking 1/3 of your paycheck away....

I'm greedy, i just can't pay them fucking enough, can i?

3. None of the above. We could go back to the days of old where we paid our doctors directly.

4. #84 Dimethyltrip, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2009
    I got hit on a crosswalk.

And why do you have to be so fucking arrogant? I had a serious injury and you're all "oh it was nothing it can heal."

Bullshit. I had a hairline fissure for years, and had a figure skating accident. My partner dropped me on the ice. Bits of cartilage got loose and stuck into my joint, I could not put my body straight nor my leg. I could not walk. None of that would have happened had I had a scan and been diagnosed properly.

Instead I had surgery and still have problems... and need years of physiotherapy to be able to do normal sports again.

5. And what the fuck, just because I believe in the IDEA of healthcare does not mean I think an abusive government will execute it properly. I have many, many issues with politics...

6. if you lived in america, you could have sued the man.

Don't say poor people can sue either, my mother got hit by a rollerskater who was an employee of the rink, he was skating around backwards and hit her and she had to get stitches and headgear because he fucked up her teeth. They were poor, my grandma was cleaning apartment buildings so she could get cheaper rent at the time, they still sued and won a little bit of money, i believe 20-40k with a cheaper lawyer.

7. So all government action is affected by corruption, and it will remain that way now and indefinitely into the future?

That's a pretty easy position to take, because it gives you one answer for every argument thrown at you, and it makes for a rather uninspired debate :)

Jesus wept.

If your parents are paying 100K a year in personal taxes and you're in the middle class, then they need to get better financial advisers.

Otherwise, you DIDN'T just try to sell me a sob story about your millionaire parents and how I should feel bad for how much they pay in taxes??

How are we going to do that? This is a free market. Insurance companies are allowed to exist and people are allowed to buy policies.

What, do you want the government to "outlaw" insurance companies? But then you don't want the government to be involved with private businesses? Which is it?

8. Chill. I was merely giving another option on how to pay for one's health care.

9. million dollars?
    The corruption hasn't stopped sense Andrew Jackson left office, and it never stopped by giving them more authority and power either. It's a part of their plan, just because you believe Obama cares about everyone, what happens when the next babyboomers come in and now we have to provide health care for 100 million more babies?

they make a little over 300k a year combined, they are just considered rich at that mark. Well yeah 300k sounds pretty good right now, take away 30%, than the additional extra 5% for healthcare and we are at 195,000 a year. Even though the government doesn't help them with their business or career at all, they just stick their hand out and threaten to bring in the other hand w/ the gun and cage key and to lock them away if theye don't pay for everyone else.

10. My parents make a lot less than that a year and do very well, I never hear them bitch about paying to help other people.

My dad doesn't like very much however that he has to pay a tax to park his car in his driveway, that he pays taxes on.:laughing:

Health care? Why the fuck not? There's 307 MILLION of us accounted for, if we each payed a dollar a week in health care tax(I know that not everyone has a job, but this is just a rough example) that would be $15,964,000,000.

Helloooo

11. $16 billion will not pay for everyone's health care. Even if everyone paid $100 a week in a health care tax it still wouldn't pay for everyone's health care.

12. What's everyone's health care though? How often do you go to the doctor? How often do you need emergency surgery?

I'm trying to think of people I know who go to the doctor who have them, and I can't think of any..

Why not just keep shit the way it is and have an extra option for people who can't afford healthcare, that everyone pays for in tax? Isn't that what they want to do? 16 billion dollars a year isn't enough for that?

13. Our market is about as free as our government isn't corrupt. Its a realistic view, not an idealistic or delusional one. Arguing things based on theoretical ideals and utopias doesn't achieve anything. That's why welfare programs fail. Because their based on an optimistic, but ultimately unrealistic view of humanity, and the US population in particular.

14. I go to the doctor once a year for my annual physical and the only time I've been to a hospital for myself was when I cut my finger and got 3 stitches. I probably didn't even need them, but I was told that it would heal faster and better with the stitches.

Also, I don't think people want the government to pay for their doctor visits. They want them to pay for that emergency surgery though.

Have you heard of Medicaid?

15. I'd merely like to point out that your "option" is outside the scop of reality. How would it be done?

You know we aren't talking about groceries here? Health care will always be a relativity large expense, it involves advanced technologies, research, high paid professionals, and risk to the provider(lawsuits).

No amount of reform will create a free market that provides affordable health care with 100% of the bill being paid by the consumer.

16. I agree that some form of insurance is necessary if you want to be able to afford those pricey operations, but in the case of normal doctor visits and antibiotics, wouldn't it be better to pay out of pocket rather than pay an insurance company/government organization to pay the doctor?

Health insurance should be used for worst-case scenarios, not annual physicals and antibiotics.

17. Isn't that what the deductible is for?

18. how many children are in your family?

how much debt do you have? tax wise and car, mortgage, and any college loans?

i doubt 16 billion could cover 307 million people, the problem is the lines, the people who will abuse the system, the lack of healthcare we will receive even though we pay for 10 other families including our own and they still get priority over us. why should i go to college and try to get a great job if the government will just continue taxing me and making me accountable for every single other American. I see why they become politicians, buy stock on bills you are about to vote on, provide huge services which will help keep you elected because the federal reserve is draining everyones pockets with inflation and deflation, with loans and failed loans, with bailing out friends to not lending any money to anyone.

how can you just have faith and expect the people who have to fund the whole thing, the ones with the wise enough head to have a little money to themselves in the first place are now being labeled as greedy bastards because they just don't cave in and provide everything for everyone and make us all dependent and stupid because of our government.

19. You did change the subject there a little. I assume you retract your original "third option", except in the case of smaller medical expenses.:cool:

It would be beneficial to only the insurance companies to pay out of pocket except in an emergency.

You are already paying costly premiums for insurance in case of the big emergencies, why should the insurance not contribute to your smaller expenses. Taking antibiotics off your insurance policy isn't going to significantly reduce the price if you still cover cancer, surgery, and other major expenses.

20. That's it? Well that accounts for a lot of people and probably deserves more than just a sorry?