my 2 babies, is one dieing? pictures.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by king dank, Sep 6, 2009.

1. these are my 2 babies, one is doing really well but the other is kinda slow, i think its a retard or something, so check it out let me know whats wrong with it. i think it may be dieing. im using FFOF, and i haven't used any nutes. it's been 2 and a half weeks.

Attached Files:

2. bump, was this the right section to post?

3. If the one that is " Retarded" is dieing and you are truely new to the whole green thumb thing than I suggest you let it die. I suggest you watch it die and learn what is happening to it. What could be happeing to it is that its first root is searching for what ever nutrients are there. it could also be due to light or other enviromental factors.
    There could also be bacteria in the soil if you do not know where the soil came from.

4. It does look a little awkward...
    What kind of lights are you using?
    Temp?
    Humidity?
    Watering?

5. well its in a grow box in my closet. and none of my roomamtes know, so i keep it closed when im not home and wehn its closed its almost 90F in it. but when im home i open it up and it goes to 80. also humidity is like 35%. i water almost every other day maybe wait 2 days. but i usually put my finger a little into the soil and if its still damp i wait a little. im usinf FFOF from hydro store. and the strain is afghan kush ryder. the other one looks really healthy but the small looks odd... also im using 3 cfls, 2 are 6500k daylight 26W and the other is 23W 2700k warm white. need any more info?

6. Try watering less, and find a way to vent while you are away. You could also use a root stimulator, like... hold on I'll go see what I'm using. "Canna" brand rhizotonic. It helps the roots by strengthing the roots immune system and makes the secondary root hair moer apt to grow. The canna brand rhizotonic can be used in hydro and soil. a good rule of thumb is use less, more is not better. If the soil has a bad bacteria in it there is a type of fungus additive that eats the bacteria and cleans the roots. I have not had to use this additive so I can say what it will fully do. For ventilation on a small system I would suggest computer fans.
    and make sure you got good drainage.

7. if you wanna grow ANYTHING in that growbox, we GOTTA get those Temps DOWN, bro.
    The highest you want your temps is about 78f.
    Post a few pics of your box and i'll try my best to help you get some cool air up in it.

8. First, You shouldn't be growing with the people in your house not knowing, you are putting them at risk too. That's just my opinion.

Yes, the temps do need to come down a little but you seriously need to chill with the watering. MJ lights dry feet, if you water too often the plant gets lazy roots, does not develop a strong root system and may just die. Wait till the soil is totally dry before you water.

Are they in 2 different pots?

In the future,cut your FFOF with like 30% perlite. Other than that, shes got nice color and looks like plenty of light. Let the soil dry, don't kill her by over watering. Every other day is too much.

9. i posted my grow box a little before i started, heres the thread.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/451005-grow-box-safe-pics.html

also i do wait till the soil is dry to water, and as you can see the other plant is growing just fine, i just got home and cheked it since this morning and it grew, its doing fine, the otehr one looks awkward...

also thanks for all the help, its much appreciated.

10. If you are watering to much, but like you say you check to see if it is dry. It may seem dry, but what has happened is that in the inclosed box the heat evaperated or the plant transpired to much(or to little depenending on strain)one of the two probely liked the high humidty while the other did not. If you want to know a cheap way to vent with out tell tale oderificious smell. grab your self some nylons, dryer sheets, and activated charocal. oh and duct tape. and a fan, and maybe a tube to house it all. put a nylon on one end of the tube, pack said tube with dryer sheets, pour in activated charcol, pack in more dryer sheets, cut notch in tube to hold fan, incase in duct tape and bam! you got yourself a filter. but be weary your room mates will smell the dryer sheets. and it is hard to do what your doing with room mates. it can be done. but the shadier you have to be, the less in quality of life you will have.

11. yeah i wish i could do a better set up, and its not like my roommates don't smoke, we all smoke but i just don't want anyone knowing what im doing. because the all have big mouths, so im trying to be as stealthy as possible, and i checked the humidity and the highest it got was 33. and so far i have had the lights on 24/0 and starting tomorrow im am going to have them on 18/6. and im trying to have the lights off on the hottest times of the day. also the 2 fans i have are thermal take fans, meaning they work harder when it is hotter and i can sometimes hear them certain times of the day, then when its night time i can't hear at all.
    is there any other stealthy way to go about this. sometimes my friends are in my room chillin or my girlfriend, but other then that no one opens my closet or goes in my room when im not home bc i have a lock on my door.