my 1st project i wanna know if i should use and old fridge

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ????, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Me and a friend were tired of liveing in a small town with no local "holders" and we decided to start a crop of our own so we did the most logical thing, hit the web. We found tons of sites and on one it said that we should use an old refridgearator so we got an old busted up on. It said that we should use the top compartment for young plants and the bottom for bigger plants. It didn't say what kind of light to use or how to set up the ventalation. Or how to light the young or old plants.I'm very confused and i would appriciate any help on how to set up the fridge and grow the plants.And how many plants i can grow in a fridge. someone help i realy need to get high!!!!!!

2. I saw that site the other day, unfortunately, I have the same questions as you. I've got an old fridge stored in a garage but haven't a clue where to start, doesn't seem much room in there!

3. I saw that site the other day, unfortunately, I have the same questions as you. I've got an old fridge stored in a garage but haven't a clue where to start, doesn't seem much room in there!

4. And believe me, an old refigerator WILL work... as long as it is properly set up.

-TokercHiCk

5. a fridge?
    the plants are gonna smell like moldy ass then in an old fridge

Attached Files:

6. thats one wierd pic

7. as far as lighting goes, a 250 watt HOS for the lower portion and a small flourescent fixture should suffice for the top. all hardware can be wired throu the back.....fior ventilation you can use the airtight seal to your advantace and have a large exhust on the upper with intakes at bottom of lower..this works verty well for me....cheers..and one more thing..u can use the veggie boxes on the bottom for Hyro-reservoirs...works great..cheers and best of luck

8. but hey ken sounds like he knows what hes doing... and hps and flouros are the way to go and those compartments woudl be great for clones... Best of luck

9. yes, use a fridge