My 1st indoor grow need help PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kolaking, Jul 25, 2009.

1. So Ive made the decision to start my 1st grow! I order 3 fem northern lightxblueberry and 10 hindu kush fem. I put up a false wall in my closet basically I put a board of wood from the shelf down to the floor and flush with the walls, it has a door, with a 8inch long vent on the door. on top of the shelf I have a 10inch hole cut out and a 10inch fan for exaust. Inside the box there is a divider the bottom 2feet of the box I planned on using for vegging and the top part for flowering. I have 2 27=100watt cfl and a 43=150watt cfl and plan to add one more 43watt. The cfl is primarily for veg, I plan to buy a 150 or 200watt hps for flowering. MY PROBLEMS!! I germed 2 of the NLB they both cracked right away 1 of the shoots did well and reached almost an inch right away the other seemed to crack then stop, so I put them both in soil "miracle grow organic" The 1 with the long shoot broke the surface right away nothing from the other I started them on 18/6 came home from work last night and the biggger 1 was an inch long but it had fallen over limp, "I think I watered the soil too much and killed them:confused: Well I woke up this am and I propped it up last night but it was still limp this am and it looked shriveled up so I just started my last NLB to germ and through that 1 out! So I have 3 Kush germin and the last NLB, I want about 3 or 4 plants in there. Also this am I opened the door and saw a tiny lil bug on the edge of the pot of the 1 that I through out, "I think it was a spyder mite. My other problem is that my box gets really F'n hot like 90 or 95, if I keep the door open while Im here itll stay down to about 80 but there will be some times I have to keep it shut. I live in a large 1 bedroom duplex and only have 1 large window unit in the living room, I think Im gonna buy 1 for my bedroom today! I have no way to get fresh air in to the box from outside the closet! HELP PLEASE Ive put alot of money, thought, time and love in this! I REALLY WANT TO DO THIS RIGHT!

2. yeah it's the heat that are causing your sedlings to fail most likely. You HAVE to cool the area you use. You said you have holes cut, you need to utilize those more efficiently. Get some fans, you have to start moving the air.

3. I actually have a 10 inch fan for exuast and I forgot to mention I have a 7 inch inside the box for circulation?!

4. is it warm where you live? do you run a/c in your place. I can get away with just a fan placed in the corner opening of my space. I have a squirrel fan and filter for exhaust. The room they are in stays cool with the a/c it keeps the temps manageable. seems like you need COOLER air circulating through.

5. Yes the deep dirty grimy ass south! I have a 29,000 btu window unit in my living room but it doestnt do the best job keeping my bedroom cool, Im gonna get A 5,000 BTU for the bedroom today, I think your right I think it was too much water and too hot and humid. I really didnt think the cfls would put out that much heat!! Thanks dude! Any suggestions about the lil bug I saw, it looked like a lil flea with alotta legs, I think it was a spyder mite!

6. The a/c should help the humidity. In an enclosed space they do start to heat shit up. Good shit man, that should help. what color was the bug? get a pic of it!:smoking:

7. Not really to sure, a dark color like a flea, black or dark brown I guess as soon as I opened the do the lil bastard ran back in the soil!! That was in the pot of the NLB that shriveled up and I tossed soil and all of my deck!!:mad:

8. So Ive got the temp down between 78 and 85, its alot better than it was and the humidity is also way down! I have 3 Hindu Kush and 1 Northern Lights X Blueberry, they all look great, accept the NLB seems to be going a lil slower than the Kush! I stuck with all Indicas. Well these are all fem seeds, is there any reason for me to worry any of these will be male? Or is the Fem process 100%?

9. Im trying to get some pics of my set up on the thread! My lttle round leaves are starting to yellow which is normal for them to fall off, but my 1st set of serrated leaves is yellowing at the tips of 1 of my seedlings! Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated this is my 2nd set of beans to germ and I really want this too work! I love these plants!

Attached Files:

• 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      98.2 KB
      Views:
    • 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      30 KB
      Views:
    • 024.jpg