My 1st Indoor grow/Bubblicious

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MrsNancyBotwin, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Hi all, this is my first post & my first grow.. 

like most people, i have experimented with shitty bag seed, but this is my first official, proper grow with 600W HPS light and 6 Bubblicious seeds :yay:  
    i have done a lot of reading, and am very excited!!
    at this point i am still germinating, i just wanted to keep my whole journey in one spot.. 
    As it stands, i have a 60% germination, but its early days, only saw the first sprouts less than 24 hours ago

Attached Files:

• 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      348.4 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      307 KB
      Views:
  2. Make that 80% I now have 4 sprouts!!

STOKED

3. keep us updated :)

4.  i think it may be too warm in the grow room.. the water leaves are curling under, i have moved the sprouts from their shelf to the floor and to see how that goes.. 

5. ::UPDATE::

so its now a solid 80% germ.. but something happened and instead of all the seeds being in separate tubs.. i must have accidentally put 2 in the 1.. now i have twins... should i leave that until its stronger to move it? or should i just resign myself to being the proud momma of troublesome twins?
    other than that, i had a slight issue with over watering ((i figured thats what it was, the water leaves where curled so far under they where touching the stem, but i dried them out and they have flattened out and greened up nicely..

on the left we have the twins.. in the middle we have Lacy ((LaPlante)) and on the right is Bubbles, bubbles hasnt got the color or vigor of her sisters, and her first set of leaves are lookin somewhat deformed.. but thats okay, i love ALL my kids, mongoloid or not!!

Attached Files:

• 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      296.5 KB
      Views:
  6. #6 unixhelp, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
    I have twins growing now in coco and the other in DWC to compare....Both in the same rockwool cube wasn't going to work...one was clearly suffering (the DWC...today at day 66 its 120cm tall so it recovered) you might want to gingerly separate them.

btw...Lacy Laplant is a terrible name for her....she was self-destructive . I named my first plants Debra Morgan, Hanna Mckay and Luman Peirce....you can guess how that turned out....Debra died.

BTW you may not have put 2 seeds in the same cup....it's more than possible that it's two plants from the same seed.
    image.jpg

7. here they are after moving to the FF Ocean Forest and peat pots, i was very careful to pull the twins apart and i dont think i snapped a single root tendril!! they are looking GREAT!!
    007 (2).JPG   005 (2).JPG

Lacy is the strongest of the 4, she is already looking very 'crystally' if thats even a word LOL
    004 (2).JPG

but then theres Bubbles... poor lil bubbles... i do have a fondness for that lil retard.. we will see if she makes it... FIGHT YOU LIL FUCKER!!  001.JPG

not sure who your referring to, i named her after Nancy Botwins alter ego in Weeds... 

9. #9 unixhelp, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
    Yep...know who Lacy LaPlante is....Nancys alter ego...self destructive...lives for danger...bad decisions every time ;)

Mine were named after charactors in "Dexter"...debra was a main charactor and I named a plant after her 3 weeks before series finale...she died in the last episode...plant died a few days before last show....stupid me.

I like the play on words though...Lacy The plant :)

So far every "Bubbles" I germinated, out grew the others by far, so don't be discouraged.

10. #10 MrsNancyBotwin, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
    she was BAD ASS!! as a housewife-mother-bored-old-lady myself, i love the idea of that  sexy spontaneous bad ass bitch that we all have buried deep inside, coming out to play.. thats hot!!

and yeah i caught onto the Dexter ref, freakin loved that show... cried a bucket when Deb died

11. MY DOG ATE BUBBLES!!! :cry:  :mad:
    i managed to find a mangled lil sprout with a torn up root bal but i replanted and now its in the hands of the universe  :unsure:

12. Had some bubblicious from a local club and it was some fire

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. so the girls are 9 days old, they just moved in to their forever homes, and they are well happy!!
    023.JPG
    ((those small peat pots have Black Russian Krim tomato seeds in them

Lacy  :wub:  
    022.JPG

The Twins  :yay:
    019.JPG 017.JPG

Sadly.. Bubbles didnt survive the Doggy Massacre of March 19th  :cry:

still in FFOF on a 24/0 cycle.. temps are a lil higher than i would like but they dont seem to displeased, hovering between 77-84f 

im wondering tho... when should i start nutes/. i was gonna start this week, but i have just put them in their big pots and fresh FFOF.. should i wait another 2 weeks?

14. nothing at all wrong with "shitty" bag seed, true, chances of having males, but when you get a female, she's tough. And my germination rates are 100%.

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

15. @[member="mayhemmaster668"] great!! when i say 'shitty bag weed' i mean an unidentifiable strain :confused_2:  i have love for the shitty bag seed plants, they are hardy and have gotten a sister thru some dry days!! 

much love for the shitty bag seed  :smoking:

16. so i woke up to my girls having nute burn from the FFOF :cry: .. after a big flush, they are coming through relatively unscathed, just some slight yellowing and curling at the tips, new growth is unaffected.. 
    FFOF are the ONLY nutes my girls have had since birth, for anyone about to say that i shouldnt have given any nutes with youngens in FFOF... 
    will post pics of the nute burn later when my camera batteries charge 

17. 13 days old and the girls are going CRAZY! insane growth, the slight nute burn is almost unnoticeable! 

The girls, happy in their home 
    002.JPG

growth underneath & height about 2.5 inches tall
    005.JPG

top growth
    007.JPG

filling out to the edge of their pots! :yay:
    010.JPG

i am thoroughly impressed with myself for my first real grow!  :laughing: so far so good!!
    *pats self on back while tooting own horn~toot toot*

18. Nice. IMO, you fed too early, but nice job noticing and recovering. You still have a LONG way to go. I'm still nervous I'll get home and mine will be dead for some fucked up reason..lol I'll prob be that way til I chop her.

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Your doing great nice recovered... cant really tell. im staring mine bubblicious on my next grow got 10 female and 10 pineapple chuck...

20. i didnt actually feed them, so much as move them from their itty bitty peat pots to their larger homes with FFOF soil, and that burned them slightly, i am a SAHM so i can check them regularly throughout the day and any slight changes are noticed straight away, i realise i am still a long way away, but compared to my chitty bagseed grow, these babies are fucking lush!! even if i do say  so myself! LMAO