My 1st Grow, need a little help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by LifeIzGood, Jul 3, 2006.

1. \t\tok here is the problem. i got 8 plants and their 3 weeks old as of now. 2 im just starting and they are about 4 days potted in soil.I had 1 65watt fluorecent for the 1st 2 weeks and 3 days then i got a 400watt mh and started using that. the fluorescent was hanging sideways not directly down over the plants which is 1 problem i had plus the height of the light wasnt as low as it shouldve been so my plants are stretching. I tried to post pics but the limit in size is 197 kb ans i cant change the file size any lower than 600 kb. When i got the mh i moved them in a location that gets about 95 - 105 degrees. with only intake fan, waiting on exhaust fan plus im planning on getting two fans wall mounted to attach and blow on plants constantly to make stronger stem growth which is a prob as of late. With the fluoescent i had them in a closet that got about 85 deg. i just started feeding them as i am backoredered on my ferts. so im using someones hydro fert for now mixed with water. i try and water every 3 days. with the new change in light and heat i have been misting them with water every now and then b/c i noticed they were very dry at first change to the mh. The whole thing is i need to strengthen them up b.c at 3 wks they are looking very weak. i also should be gettin some superthrive in which should help as well. i would just like some feedback on problem areas anyone sees that i am missing, b/c progress is stunted b/c of so many factors. my new grow space is 5' high by 2'6" in length and width.
    \t\t

2. My guess is they are stunted because it is way to hot. I would not let them get any hotter than 85-90 max. Hopefully your exhaust fan comes quick. Also, I certainly would not feed them every watering. For the hydro ferts go once a week or once every other week. I use hydro ferts suitable for dirt as well and that is what I do. Additionally, in my opinion you should stop misting. This really does nothing for the plants and can cause more problems than it helps. Mist only if you have pests or a deficiency. Good luck.