MY 1st GROW JOURNAL (Bag Seed)..2011

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by YoungJoe, Apr 26, 2011.

1. So this my first grow. I tried to germinate 5 seeds from a bag of regular weed, only one popped out.. I planted my seed, in some miracle grow dirty from a rose pot I had outside. I put the dirt in a 20oz. soda bottle I cut in half, and put holes in the bottom of. I keep the seed under 24 hour light.. When the sun rises I take it out to get the best of this Texas sun, and befor the sun goes down I bring it in and put it about 2inches below a regular house bulb. The first sing of life sprouted on 4/20 and I'm on day 5 now and have my 1st pair of real leafs coming out.. I plan on keeping them indoors for about 3weeks then moving it outside in my back yard and planting it in some miracle grow veggie dirt. And keep a eye on it with a moister meter daily. And advice would help, so please shoot me a couple of tips.

Day 5 pics----

Attached Files:

2. The bulb might fuck it up, I'm not sure though.
    Standard bulbs usually don't work too well?
    Especially that close I would think!

3. Yea I was kinda thinking about that also, I think I'm goin to put it further.. I'm just get anxious and want it 2 hurry up and grow.. So I tried putting it close.. But thanks..

4. And I'm planning on getting a 250watt MH in the next couple of weeks also, this is just for right now..

5. i would suggest getting a 250 watt hps as it has the right spectrum for the flowering side should you need to finish her off indoors instead of outdoors. you should swap out the incandescent bulb for a CFL....get a few 26 watt bulbs (around the 2700k spectrum) from lowes-home depot. the incandescent gives off too much heat but not enough lumens to really allow your plant to develop the rootsystem and foliage needed for a healthy and high yield grow.

6. #6 YoungJoe, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thanks snax Ima go get that bulb 2marrow. Ima have to wait for those big lights tho, due to minor money issues..

7. Day 7

Attached Files:

8. RIP my bag seed...:-(. I l put it out side for some sun, and it became a victim of a pussy...(a cat killed it) it was bent in half by the stem... Ow well, back to square 1... Can't wait till I get sum new seeds..