my 1st grow, jack herer and some unknown purple strain. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bezza b, Mar 24, 2009.

1. this is my 1st attempt at growing. I have a jack herer which i fimmed and some unknown purple strain. I am really pleased with the jacks she has 4 big fat colas and some nice side and latteral branches. The purple ones are a bit skinnier buds but they have a lovely purple colour to them, its all a learning curve. As i said in a previos post i thought i had light burn, i think if you look close enough you can see the top few leaves are yellow with brown spots, what do you think, light burn or nute burn? I have been growing under 250watt hps using bio bizz grow bloom and topmax and my temp is 75f. So what do you guys think, please let me know your thoughts all comments are welcome good or bad. I will try get some better pics tomorrow my girls are sleeping at the minute. Peace.

Attached Files:

2. Nice first grow bro, Jack looks beautiful. One of my favorite smokes. Wow only under a 250watt?!! Thats is impressive, how many plants under that one light, Your jacks have a nice yield bro! Great job! rep +

APZ

3. How long have u had tham in 12/12 for?i think it nute burn cause if it is only 75f in your room thats not going to burn nothing.look good nice job:D

4. thanks apocolypz, i have 4 under my 250hps, i know this is probably too many plants for a 250hps but its all i got at the minute, i plan to go to a 600hps when i can afford to so at the minute it will have to do. Yeah i am well chuffed with the jacks i will take some better pics tomorrow so watch this space, the purple ones arnt so impressive but i think that could be due to how many ive crammed under 1 light. I cant wait to have a smoke of it and make some honey oil too, oh yeah i got the seeds out of bags of weed i have bought, the jacks was just the 1 seed so i was buzzing when it germinated and them showed sex to be female. Beginners luck or just a natural? We will have to see how the next grow goes for that guestion to be answered. Thanks mate. Please more comments. Peace

5. thanks bc, previously i had my light about 8inch away from canopy and my thermometer was to the side of my light and not directly under and it was reading 75f i didnt think that it would be hotter directly under (slaps head) anyway i put my thermometer directly under and it shot up to 90f so now ive got my light about 12inch away now and i flushed too just incase. Oh yeah she is in week 7 of 12/12. Thanks again. Peace.

6. Wow four plants under a 250, yo you have a great first grow. if you check out my 8 week flower post, you will see my 12 plants under a 60,000 lumen HW 400 watt. Its all about the light lol. Nice job again mate, in about another 3 weeks you will have some good smoke! CHEERS!

APZ:hello:

7. thanks for the positive feedback apocolypz, just a few more weeks i cant wait, does jacks flower for 9 week?