my 1st grow how does she look?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smokin_on_420, Aug 14, 2008.

1. ok i had to harvest early , she started to turn hermie but i think i cought it before it pollenated. what is the best way to cure it now? i have it cut up and hanging.the cola i left together. is this the right way?? let me know...thanks enjoy the pic

Attached Files:

2. hey dude, CFLs are ok but Ive read some more forums and MH/HPS are hella better. judgeing by how many plants u have and how much space, really all you need is an 400W hps and a Vortex duct fan for exhaust unless you get a self-cooled light. It will cost around $200-$250 for the light/ballast/reflector/etc. and another $150 or so for the Vortex fan but its all worth it, if your all about smoking on the daily. Cfls can still be used.. but I would definitely use the HPS for flowering at least.

PS you can get a ballast that can run both MH and HPS lights so if you wanted to, you could get both kinds of bulbs and just switch em when you switch from veg to flower.

3. I dont know anything about hermies. how early did you cut it down? did it smoke ok?
    The best way to cure is to hang the buds up in like a box for 3 days or so... the stems should stay green and be a little pliable... then you jar it and let it get air daily. Curing is tough to get down but I would imagine practice makes perfect. Think of it as a fruit that ripens.. u know like a banana that changes from green to yellow to brown. I like yellow bananas cuz they look, smell, and taste better on the inside.

4. hang em til the stem snaps wen ya bend a bud. After that, you wanna use air tight jars/containers to cure them. The curing process will result in smoother, tastier smoke. You wanna open the jar once a day or once very other day to exchange air and after the first week or two, open the jr once every 5-7 days. After about 3-4 weeks the bud will be cured and it will be great smoke. Hope this helps